Let's fix the PvP progression rewards

2»

Comments

• WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    aa25 said:
    I totally agree with the proposed reward structure.

However, I would like to add another point.

The reason why 800 and 900 are difficult to reach currently is because of the point loss ratio is quite high around 8-900 hundred (which causes 575 to be the  'convenient 10 cp' stop mark).

This reward structure makes sense only if the point loss ratio is left intact.

The op doesn't suggest the change to the point loss ratio, but I want to put it out here, just in case the devs have this in mind.

Change BOTH reward structure AND point loss ratio such that players start to lose more point at lower point WON'T work.

Wait, what?  You've got it backwards.  The point loss ratio has nothing to do with players not getting to 800 or 900.  The cp at 575 does.  3* players made 900 easy every event until they put that there.  Within like 2 weeks of that award going there, that stopped.  Why?  Because why would you push to 800 for a 3* cover when you already got half a 4* cover?  

Another thing about point loss.  When they changed defensive team setups , they also adjusted the line where points gained by an attacker = points lost by you.  It used to be 1000, now it's somewhere around 1200.  

During wins progression, 3* guys found themselves doing the impossible - getting to 800 or 900 on one climb!  They didn't change the way points were earned, but guys in that tier played more.  

Finally, in response to the original post...those checkpoints are all entirely too low.  Put the 3* at 575.  Put another 3* at 800.  Put the 4* at 900.  Put 10 cp at 1000 and the other 15 at 1.2k.  Progression awards that are...progressive.  fill in the gaps with hp and iso rewards.  Gotta hop to get cp? That's not a bad thing and, hey, if you pass an hp reward along the way you've partially paid for the hop.  

If this seems too high, then maybe just put every progression reward between 0 and 101 points, including both chunks of cp.  Play 3 seeds and done.  Any higher and people resort to all kinds of crazy tactics, like actually playing the game.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    aa25 said:
    I totally agree with the proposed reward structure.

However, I would like to add another point.

The reason why 800 and 900 are difficult to reach currently is because of the point loss ratio is quite high around 8-900 hundred (which causes 575 to be the  'convenient 10 cp' stop mark).

This reward structure makes sense only if the point loss ratio is left intact.

The op doesn't suggest the change to the point loss ratio, but I want to put it out here, just in case the devs have this in mind.

Change BOTH reward structure AND point loss ratio such that players start to lose more point at lower point WON'T work.

Wait, what?  You've got it backwards.  The point loss ratio has nothing to do with players not getting to 800 or 900.  The cp at 575 does.  3* players made 900 easy every event until they put that there.  Within like 2 weeks of that award going there, that stopped.  Why?  Because why would you push to 800 for a 3* cover when you already got half a 4* cover?  

Another thing about point loss.  When they changed defensive team setups , they also adjusted the line where points gained by an attacker = points lost by you.  It used to be 1000, now it's somewhere around 1200.  

During wins progression, 3* guys found themselves doing the impossible - getting to 800 or 900 on one climb!  They didn't change the way points were earned, but guys in that tier played more.  

Finally, in response to the original post...those checkpoints are all entirely too low.  Put the 3* at 575.  Put another 3* at 800.  Put the 4* at 900.  Put 10 cp at 1000 and the other 15 at 1.2k.  Progression awards that are...progressive.  fill in the gaps with hp and iso rewards.  Gotta hop to get cp? That's not a bad thing and, hey, if you pass an hp reward along the way you've partially paid for the hop.  

If this seems too high, then maybe just put every progression reward between 0 and 101 points, including both chunks of cp.  Play 3 seeds and done.  Any higher and people resort to all kinds of crazy tactics, like actually playing the game.
    Yep people need to play more.  During wins progression there were SO many 4* players floating around 2700 because they kept playing since they didn't reach their 74 wins or whatever that ridiculous number was.  Now that we are back to points I guarantee 4* players aren't going beyond 2200.  Putting good rewards down low will cause many people to stop there which then makes it harder for other people who want to go beyond that.  
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good point on people stopping at 575 making it harder for people to go past that.  If we go by PvE rewards, the 4* cover actually comes before the CP.  And there's 2 different 3* rewards.  So let's try this instead:

25 - Standard Token
    50 - 750 ISO
    100 - Elite token 
    200 - Event token
    300 - 3* cover
    400 - 50 HP
    500 - Event token
    575 - 3* cover
    650 - 4* cover
    725 - 10 CP
    800 - Event token
    825 - 2500 ISO
    900 - 100 HP
    1000 - 3000 ISO
    1100 - Event token
    1200 - 15 CP

Would that work better?
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Orion said:
    Good point on people stopping at 575 making it harder for people to go past that.  If we go by PvE rewards, the 4* cover actually comes before the CP.  And there's 2 different 3* rewards.  So let's try this instead:

25 - Standard Token
    50 - 750 ISO
    100 - Elite token 
    200 - Event token
    300 - 3* cover
    400 - 50 HP
    500 - Event token
    575 - 3* cover
    650 - 4* cover
    725 - 10 CP
    800 - Event token
    825 - 2500 ISO
    900 - 100 HP
    1000 - 3000 ISO
    1100 - Event token
    1200 - 15 CP

Would that work better?
    No, that's just as silly.  725 is too low as the last meaningful reward before the 15 cp.  Like I said, first 3 at 600, second at 800.  Cp at 900, 4* at 1k.