When all of your 3*s are champed, who do you select for your Bonus Draw?

Options
I have one more 3* left to champ, probably this weekend, so now I am trying to decide on who do I want to be the strongest?  Do I put it on Thanos or Strange and just let it ride, or is there someone else worth beefing up like Gambit?

Thoughts....

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I set Gambit as my bonus hero because he gives out Rogue covers.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It depends on your roster / preferences.  I've been typically targetting 3* that give 4* cover gaps I need to finish champing 4*, but I'm about at the end of that road.  Other's champ 3*s they will use a lot like strange.

Now that most of my 4*s are champed or at least at 13 covers and many of my 3*s are getting to max champ I'll probably start BHing the one that give the 4* rewards I want the most.  For example right now I have 3* Gambit champed both because he's a good 3* that needs more levels to catch up and I'd like to get more Rogue covers.

Also typically they are adding a new 3* lazy copy every 6-12 weeks so once that becomes BHable that's usually worth while at least until you hit 13.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You could just not favorite anyone, and you'd get random extra 3*s. I did that for a while.

Now that I'm on my second cycle of 3*s, I favorite the ones that are the lowest level to get them up faster.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had IM40 set until I max-champed him, as he's pretty much in my daily rotation. Dr. Strange after that. They're my only two max-champed threes, but a bunch of others are close. Right now Gambit is my BH and will remain so until he's max-champed. I've temporarily set others in order to get a quick cover or two and nab a 4-star cover or LT champ reward I wanted.

As a 4-star player my threes are still important to me, especially when I have them at level 240+ and they're boosted, so managing my 3-star bonus heroes has been enjoyable.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hmmm, I forgot about the rewards.  For that Gambit get's the nod for me.  Wasn't there a chart of what 3* feeds into 4*?  Has that been updated?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I shuffle around, depending on who's close to a good reward point (4* Cover or LT, mostly). Generally have a couple at any given time that are reasonably close to giving out something cool.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've just been leaving it on whoever was last (Elektra, currently) until the next 3* is released and heart-able. It's not worth any more thought than that, to me.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The 3* I BH  is based on which 4* they give next. Currently that's Rocket & Groot to get a red cover for my 4/5/2 Drax. After that I'll reevaluate my needs.
  • Stranger Dan
    Stranger Dan Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There are certainly some characters that benefit more from being a higher level than your other characters or at least your other 3 stars. You might want to fave them to get them levels and get them tanking and then level them some more because they'll need bigger health bars for all of the tanking they are doing.

Patch and Daken: They heal themselves but that doesn't matter for much unless they are up front and taking all of the damage. The more levels they have the easier it is to have them soak up attacks and protect teammates. The more levels they have, the less health packs you use on mundane situations. Blade, Iron Fist, and Ragnarok are good partners for hiding behind them at only one level less but one of the best teams is Daken and Patch plus a Loki that is like 50 levels less than Daken.

Gamora: Her black won't even fire unless there is at least one tile on the board with her logo on it. The more of her colors she tanks the better her black is but at least make her strong enough to fire it. Keep her higher leveled than the rest of your three stars and it'll be easier to build teams around her.

Colossus: His red gets a big bonus when he's up front. Level him higher and you won't need to cast his yellow to get that bonus. Since his yellow forces him up front you'll want his health pool to be as big as possible so he can survive up front.

Captain Marvel/Hulk: Their passives don't work unless they get hurt so get match damage priority for them so they can get hurt.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    1) Gambit because I want to build an 0/0/5 Gambat (right now I have my dup at 0/0/3).

2) However a couple weeks ago I set to Pyslocke and opened 150 Elite tokens because I needed 5 more champ levels to get a Peggy in order to champ her to avoid losing a couple of covers I pulled.  So you may want to see which 4* champ reward color you most need and set your 3* to the character that gives it.

KGB

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Right now I have Elektra and Star-Lord since they are far behind the other 3* and can use some help to catch up.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just changed mine to Sentry of all people.

My Moon Knight is currently 3/4/5 and if I'm reading the preview thread right we are 2 events away from a Green MK in progression rewards which would put mine at 3/4/6.

With sentry currently at 216 I just need 7 more champ levels to get a Purple Moon Knight so I can champ him and prevent cover waste.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I set mine at whoever is highest level. I want to finish those entirely and then move on to the next. Also helps stagger the re-rostering process a bit for farming purposes (I intend to keep all of my 266s, even the worthless husks like Vision for collection sake)
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just noticed Sentry is my only bonus 3, I guess since he'll give out a Moonknight black eventually. My Mk is 1/5/5. Just maxed Storm for Thor red, getting her to 2/5/5. Those are my last vintage 4*s not covered or champed.
    I don't plan on keeping all my 266s, just a few of them. Im starting to level 5*s, so the extra 100k iso from selling them is helpful
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Generally, before I was using BH to get the first round of 4* covers, so shifted them around on who was close to that. At present though I’m concentrating on Gambit as some of my 3* are coming up on the 2nd 4* cover but that will put them at over 6 in that. Otherwise my only level 3* Champ below 183 is Elektra and I have so save iso to champ 4* version before popping her cover and she is way down on my list.

• Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I always set it for who is the next closest to an LT. 3s give LTs at levels 227, 239, 257, and 266. All depends on what your goals are though.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Who I chose as my bonus came in stages.

1. Pump up the best/most used 3s like Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Thanos until they are about level 255 and I can start building a dupe.

2.  Then every few weeks I'd just see who my 5 or so lowest were and bonus all of them changing it ever so often.

3.  Then when they started dropping new 3's I would pick the oldest one and solo bonus them (Star-Lord, Elektra)

Now it is currently just Gambit as he fits all three criteria above (though not really number 2 anymore, he is gaining levels fast!)
  • Melac
    Melac Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Someone who I'm specifically aiming for for a 4*cover. Currently: Spiderman. Hoping to set up a team with Miles in it. (Vulture, and Homecoming Spiderman)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I was HP starved, I had every character who would give HP as their next champion reward marked favourite.

I then moved on to selecting any 3* character lower than level 183 that would give me a 4* character I hadn't rostered yet.  Now I've just got my lowest level character(s) set as favourite to help them catch up to the rest.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options

A lot of good suggestions already out there. Obviously, the choice of 3* BH becomes a little tactical once you've got the tier champed.

With the recent addition of specific 5* covers to certain 4* champ rewards, it might be worth keeping Kamala on permanent BH status. She grants Medusa covers via champ rewards, and Medusa grants Bolt covers. As far as I remember, no-one in 3* gives covers for 4* Gamora (3* still giving 4* Quill covers) or Vulture (yet), so Kamala is the only feeding chain right now.