Do they make any new 1-star or 2-star characters, or PvEs?

Options
I'm still a baby player; the first I heard of the game was a news story about complaints over Mockingbird's T-shirt, and so I have not seen very many new characters introduced, nor do I know the history of adding new characters, storylines, or levels.  I think only Gambit has been a 3-star, every other new character is a 4-star or higher.  I've enjoyed all the imaginative character suggestions that players have made on these forums, and they're by far mostly 4-stars as well.

So do they still make 2-star characters, or are new ones exclusively at the higher levels?

What about PvE storylines?  Do we just cycle through the same 6-7 games or do they introduce new ones from time to time?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been playing for 629 days and there have been no new 1*s or 2*s in that time.  I don't expect that to change anytime soon.  They are still doing 3* copies of 5*s occasionally, that's the lowest they are likely to go unless something changes.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They do add PvE events occasionally, but not terribly often. The current one (Honour Among Thieves) debuted earlier this year, and I think this is just the third time it's run. The Apocalypse boss event that ran a little while back was new as well. Before that, I think the most recent new event was Strange Sights, which was before I started playing, but I assume it was sometime around when the Dr. Strange movie came out. So maybe 1-2 new Events per year or so?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I wouldn't expect the pool of 1-stars and 2-stars to grow. The only 1-star to be added since launch was Spider-Man and that was a long time ago.The last 2-star to be added was... ummm... Human Torch? That happened in, like, 1977.  :p

New PvE events come along every so often, like TPF said above - about two a year. There's a lot of old ones they don't run anymore (like Heroic events, which were augmented versions of the Prologue).

It's been an eon since a 3-star was released that wasn't a lazy version of a 5-star. The 4-star tier is getting pretty bloated by constant releases and it wouldn't surprise me if a year from now 5-star releases were the norm and 6-stars released with a lazy 4-star version.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It wasn't necessarily a new story event, but we did also get the new boss/alliance event against Apocalypse this year too. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was actually thinking, as I was finishing up HAT, that it might be nice to do just a couple more 2*, for Affiliations (like the Guardians) that don't have one, so they could do themed runs, where all the Featured Characters are from the same Affiliation. Actually, off the top of my head, I can't think of any Affiliations other than the Guardians that need a 2*. Mantis, maybe?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If i remember correctly, at one point they said they wouldn't make any more 3* characters, that was when there were about 40 of them. And for a while they didn't release any more of them, only to break with that line when they released Dr Strange. Since then they have been releasing a few more (Elektra, Star-Lord, Thanos, Gambit, and Hawkeye) and except for Elektra they were all 3* 'lazy' variants of the released 5*s. 3* Elektra was the lazy version of the already released 4* Elektra.