Lower the amount of grind in PVE

DeNappa
DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
Having some extra time this week, I decided to try for max progression in the 7 day event for once (despite the fact that it was my intention never to do so again because of the grind issues).

While I was using a reasonably fast team, this cost several hours each day. And in the end, because I didn't green-tick nodes on all days and probably more because I missed out on some points on day 1 or 2, it remains to be seen if I'll even be able to reach max progression at all.

What happened to the whole 'don't want to encourage unhealthy play' mentality that lead you to make nodes reward 0 points after a while?

Even if you really feel the need to encourage going after such unhealthy progression goals, at least be so kind to spread out the rewards over a much larger amount of reward points.
Tagged:

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    But you don't need to get green ticks for max progression? I literally fell asleep without finishing the first sub and ended the event with 200k points - that's 66k more points higher than max progression. There's a lot of points out there you're not getting if you're worried about hitting max progression. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    DeNappa said:
    Having some extra time this week, I decided to try for max progression in the 7 day event for once (despite the fact that it was my intention never to do so again because of the grind issues).

While I was using a reasonably fast team, this cost several hours each day. And in the end, because I didn't green-tick nodes on all days and probably more because I missed out on some points on day 1 or 2, it remains to be seen if I'll even be able to reach max progression at all.

What happened to the whole 'don't want to encourage unhealthy play' mentality that lead you to make nodes reward 0 points after a while?

Even if you really feel the need to encourage going after such unhealthy progression goals, at least be so kind to spread out the rewards over a much larger amount of reward points.
    A reasonably fast team does not take several hours to do clears. For sake of the argument I'm interpreting "several hours" to mean 3-4 hours, i.e., 2+ hours to do first clears, and 1-2 hours to do final clears.

With Medusa, Gamora, & R4G all championed, I can do initial clears in about an hour, with final clears in less than an hour. That's still slow, comparatively speaking, because I'm still finishing outside T20.

FWIW I typically begin an event after the first flip which is usually 8 hours after it's opened, so I lose 8 hours of points. I 4-clear every node, and at the end of the round I'll do 2 clears (green check mark). I still typically hit full progression during final clears on the second-to-last round. That means I don't even need to do the final round at all, if I don't want to. I do anyway though because I don't want to **** my alliance, and because if I don't I'll finish T200 instead of T50, and I'd rather have the guaranteed 3-star covers than a few tokens.