What is the order of the 5* Hero for Hire?

Options
Katai
Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
Are these covers coming in any particular order at all?  I'm already seeing repeats for some characters (Spider-Man and Daredevil twice already) before seeing others get a first shot.  Am I going to have to wait 2-3 years before seeing a specific cover come up?

Comments

• Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It follows the 5* essential in PvE, which cycles the 3 latest 5* (selling for 500 cp), then 2 classic 5*(selling for 250 cp), then repeat.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Unless when they make errors like running SL again from classics.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also, correct me if I am wrong, I think it was said somewhere that each time a character comes up the offer will cycle through the covers in order of the character's powers.
  • laughingMAN
    laughingMAN Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    @Brigby So with Spider-man transitioning from Latest to Classics, has there been any word if we'll see his last rotation (red) at the regular interval?  Or will he get thrown in with the randomness of classics?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still don't understand why you can't just choose to buy the color you need. Why must we wait for it to cycle months later. Sometimes it feels like they don't want us to spend money
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby So with Spider-man transitioning from Latest to Classics, has there been any word if we'll see his last rotation (red) at the regular interval?  Or will he get thrown in with the randomness of classics?
    I assume the next time he shows up (which may be soon or once they have rotated through all other Classic fivestars...) they'll continue the rotation pattern. That's just a guess though.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    I assume the next time he shows up (which may be soon or once they have rotated through all other Classic fivestars...) they'll continue the rotation pattern. That's just a guess though.
    Assuming they check for repeat use, Starlord has already been the featured classic twice due to "an oversight"
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/747563/#Comment_747563
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The devs pull the next 5* essential out of a hat during a game of Twister
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still don't understand why you can't just choose to buy the color you need. Why must we wait for it to cycle months later. Sometimes it feels like they don't want us to spend money
    If they take longer to show up in rotation because we have to cycle through all the colors, it creates artificial rarity/scarcity, and THAT is what makes people spend money. You have to get that cover when it comes up, because it'll be ages until you see it again. AND you're tied to specific colors, so if you need a 5/x/5, you can't just wait until the next time that character shows up, because you don't just need that character, you need that specific color.

If you got to choose the color each time, you'd be less likely to spend at any given junction because it would be easier to wait until the next time it comes around.

It is the way it is for a reason.