Yet another Gambit fix thought

therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
Gambit (gambatt) fix is easy, I think. Red and Purple should have passives. Remove black as the AP gain, add as passive to the Red and Purple. You can't battery Red without him having a red power, same with purple.

Lower his HP, because it seems ridiculously high for a striker that good. 

Make his black power a defense power. Maybe remove CD or charge tiles to negate damage. Perhaps add a feature that stuns Gambit so that temporary you have access to the red and purple AP for other characters to us. 

I haven't read every comment, so excuse me if something similar was said.  

done. 

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yet another duplicate thread that will probably get combined or closed.

That being said I haven't seen that suggested (though I haven't read them all either, I'm over everyone crying about him) but if they are going to nerf him (again still not a fan of nerfing ever) this is a pretty good suggestion.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    You are going to fix the most OP character in the game but lowering his health a bit and giving him ANOTHER power?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are going to fix the most OP character in the game but lowering his health a bit and giving him ANOTHER power?
    It's specifically a fix for the 0/0/5 build, which mainly applies to the 3* version - which outside of that build, isn't especially great.

If you have beef with the 5* version, that's a separate issue.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    To summarize, yeah Gambatt is kind of the big complaint as I've seen. Coming from someone who uses a 5* and 3* Gambatt. Busting up to 900 in PvP with Gambatt in 30 minutes didn't really seem balanced.

Having seen a ton of 5* Gambit in PvP I agree is his towards OP. But I like a high damage striker like him. From my prespective he just has too much HP for the damage he does. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *Please use the existing thread already ongoing regarding balance discussions for Gambit. Thanks!*
This discussion has been closed.