4* DDQ: R4G vs Drax

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
Wow. Totally no colour overlap at all. Beat this first time with lv275 3/5/5 Grocket, no boosts

Managed to get Green AP early while denying Black. Laid down a Don't Push This Button to wear Drax down, before it exploded. Drax had 586 health left when he finally used his first skill of the match - Secret Weapon - but it was a formality

LT got me Daredevil Yellow for 3/1/2

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    No troubles for my 2/5/4 lvl229 grocket, I didn’t try to deny Drax at all, just went for green matches and those that kept the strikes safe, and baby groot finished him off with the explosion

LT was my first gladiathor, so very happy there
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won first time with 5/5/3 L289.  Was a little tougher than I expected (granted Drax is one of the few 4*s I don't have champed and he's rarely a PvP target so I've never bothered to learn his moveset).  His heavy amount of random tile destruction made quick work of the starting strike tiles, they were all gone by like turn 3.  I end up winning with only a little over 1K health left.

+1 to the hoard.  Looking forward to Yondu's.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

That was fun.
    One move, cascades, Drax made his first and only move with 189 health.

• thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    3/3/5 lvl 229 no boosts. Got it first try unboosted with less than 800 health remaining. Dealt with a button tile being matched, 1 slice and dice and 1 very powerful Destroyer. Nice placement of the rocket pack helped.

Coulson Champ level. Unfortunately my 1/1/0 Yondu will have zero chance next crash, maybe next cycle for the sweep.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/5/5 level 233 Grocket here, no problems whatsoever. Just collect green and blue and let the bomb go boom.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    First try for my level 150 5/2/5 Grocket. It was pretty close (I finished with 1400 health), but getting blue out early helped a lot. The board was under some serious Purple Rain, and Drax managed to cast purple three times.
    It's a pretty weak skill without friendly countdowns, though, so it didn't slow me down too badly. I'll open the token tonight.

The token yielded a Yondu blue! That brings him up to a 1/0/1 Yondu.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    lv 284 5/5/3 Grocket went after blues on a blue starved board but once I got Rocket's Pack placed, I let it do the heavy lifting.  Easy win

the LT gave me a second consecutive pull of Gladiathor's Green bringing him to 2/0/1.  Nice
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ level 276. First try, no boosts. Unsurprisingly simple fight.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    273 5/5/3 Grocket.  Basically, I don't know how I won.  I just fired off everything when it came up, and thank God, I won.  Yellow Nick Fury.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    188 Grocket 5/2/2...lost the first time then boosts to help put out rocket's pack and boom....got me a yellow Grocket from my LT which was nice not to get my 15th blue.  Disappointed that both H4H and Taco Vault are offering blue as well...bummer...
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Lvl 229 4/3/4, added in some blue boosts to hurry things up. Got a jetpack going and survived a couple of attacks, won with most of my health left and baby groot just hanging out on the sidelines. 

LT gave me an Ant Man yellow and a black Gamora BH. Today was a good day. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    3/5/5 lv.280

Mostly just match damaged him down. Drax fired Secret Weapon once which didn't make up for the extra damage my tiles added. I fired Rockets pack once and by then it was already almost over.

Token to the hoard.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    No challenge, can't complain there.

Champ level gamora.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I respec to 5/3/5 for a Lv272 R&G .  Got
    it on the first try coasting on the blue to victory.

LT got me a red 5* Thor.  Not too shabby...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 141 5/5/2 R&G boosted all + blue AP, won first time, never really in much trouble either. Power creep, lol!
  • boogle915
    boogle915 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Won first time, lvl 160 3/2/5 R&G with no boosts...surprisingly, easiest crash in a while, but maybe I just had a lucky board...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got it first try with my Level 286 3/5/5, although I ended up with a good dent in my health. I was starting about 2500 down in health as I was coming off my final grind/initial clear in PvE. Ended with about 5850 health. 

The fight itself wasn't too bad though. Drax did fire Slice and Dice twice, but that was about it. I fired Rocket's Pack toward the end. I also ran Don't Push This Button, but the fight was over before the bomb blew up. Token to the hoard. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    First time, I crashed hard. Second time, I loaded up on boosts and got my blue out pretty early, which ended up bringing him down pretty quickly. Amusingly, the LT ended up being a Drax Slice 'n Dice cover, which was also the Team-up I got from the fight.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Tried for a while with my L70 3/3/1 Groot. Had no luck but at that level they regenerate so fast I just kept trotting him out there. Eventually bit the bullet and bumped him to L131, with stops at L94 and L115. Was close but kept all my strikes for a long time got out a crucial blue halfway through which paid huge dividends. Lt to the replenishing hoard.

• Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Level 291 R&G. Lost the first time because the board was mostly black/red/purple. Thought I was going to win but my lastatch left him with 8hp and he killed me with his red. Second match was mainly my colors and I finished him in 3 turns thanks to a lot of cascades.