I feel exploited

Options
Got a good idea?  It belongs to D3.

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?l=en&s=privacy&f=terms-of-use

You hereby grant to D3PA a worldwide irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense), to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast and otherwise exploit for any purpose user content via the Game or by any other means. You further hereby irrevocably grant to D3PA the unconditional right to use and exploit your name, persona and likeness included in any user content and in connection with any user content, without any obligation to you. 

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    um so?  You don't work for them and I don't know of any game that gives out royalties or anything for having a good suggestion...  You're being a little ridiculous.
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That’s right - players don’t work for them but if you suggest the next greatest thing in gaming, they get to exploit it.  Their words.  Exploit.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ex·ploit
    verb
    ikˈsploit/
    1. make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).

It tends to have a negative connotation in gaming, but from a legal since, it's the correct word.  Again, I think you're being a little silly.  I'm sure most games ToS have this or something very similar in them.  Nothing to see here.
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just pointing out what most gloss over.

And just because a lot of people do something, that doesn’t make it right.