Hour Of Devastation/TG Brutality

Options
2»

Comments

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There is a very human bias to remember pain more acutely than pleasure.  I once was sure a Backgammon game I played got better rolls than I did so I recorded every single roll for a week or two.  There was virtually no difference. I suspect you would find the same thing here.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bigger rolls in backgammon aren't necessarily better ones - it's more important to cover your pieces and nail your opponent's vulnerable pieces than it is to race around the board - but I understand your point. What I've observed Greg doing lately is coming out fast but running out of steam when the easy, on-color matches aren't there. He HAS been coming out stronger though...Of course, just making the jump from Silver to Gold recently might also be having an effect on my perspective... ;)
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Bad beats stories?

**** please! I had one koth do a cascade which meant he vomited out his hand, his final card was hazorets undying fury, which he cast, and his ultimate was ready and got popped at the beginning of turn 2!

I lost....
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had one nahiri do a Cascade cast deploy in the starting hand get a match 5 and use her ultimate and uncaged fury on a pigged-up emrakul  all in the first turn and swing for lethal.

It wasn't the AI. It was my Nahiri.
  • RhysMarkov
    RhysMarkov Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i've been platinum for a while now, but the difficulty spike happened just recently, so i don't think it's tied to that. 

i dunno. i've won one out of 6 TG matches this morning. It's been a bit tiresome. I'll restructure again, but ugh... lol
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    TomB said:
    Bigger rolls in backgammon aren't necessarily better ones - it's more important to cover your pieces and nail your opponent's vulnerable pieces than it is to race around the board - but I understand your point. What I've observed Greg doing lately is coming out fast but running out of steam when the easy, on-color matches aren't there. He HAS been coming out stronger though...Of course, just making the jump from Silver to Gold recently might also be having an effect on my perspective... ;)
    It wasn’t getting rolls that differed in any meaningful way from the ones I got. You don’t forget the great rolls your opponent gets, you almost immediately forget the great rolls you get.

Had a nasty bad beat this morning.  I got nothing but off color matches, the AI got cascades.  Twice when I was about to play a card that would put me back in the game he dropped Transgress the Mind.  Painful loss.
  • RhysMarkov
    RhysMarkov Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    womp womp. them's the breaks, eh? lol... the one thing i've noticed that's been a (somewhat) bright point is that for every run of the mill meta deck that i've encountered, i've come across 2 or 3 that are truly unique. i think the lack of content is forcing people to get creative to stave off stagnation, which is nice.