List of countries MPQ is available in?

oogboog
oogboog Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Does anyone know the list of countries that I can play in? I'm taking a vacation in about a month, and I wanted to know if I can still access it while I'm in another country. This is mostly so that my alliance knows my availability during that time.

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    What country are you going to?  Tell us that and people here will tell you what you might have to do. 
  • oogboog
    China. I had an alliance member go to Taiwan once, and he couldn't contribute while he was there.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have an ally mate that does Buisness in China.  When he goes there, at times, had to use VPN to access the game.  I don't know the details of what he had to do but I am hoping others can help. 
  • oogboog
    Can you ask him? I might have to do that.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    You could try North Korea. I heard the president is a big fan of Nova (especially when his red power becomes Rocket Man).
  • JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    MPQ works totally fine in Taiwan, dunno why he would have an issue there unless his wireless service was just ****.  China, you do need a VPN, which you would need anyways to access many common websites and services like Google, FB, IG, Twitter, Youtube, Gmail etc. If yoir company doesn't provide a VPN, you can purchase service for temporary usage before (which I recommend) or while you are there. Search Google for "VPN services for China" and you should be fine.  
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Even if you are in mainland China, MPQ should work fine. I was in China and I connected to the local internet there and I had no problem playing MPQ.

What does get blocked in China though is Line and most other non-Chinese chat apps, which could affect your communication with your alliance, and also the Google Play Store, so you might not be able to update the app while you are over there.

Anyway apart from China and I guess North Korea, barely any country in the world have that strict of an internet restriction, so you shouldn't have any problem while travelling. 
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    JRYUART said:
    MPQ works totally fine in Taiwan, dunno why he would have an issue there unless his wireless service was just tinykitty.  China, you do need a VPN, which you would need anyways to access many common websites and services like Google, FB, IG, Twitter, Youtube, Gmail etc. If yoir company doesn't provide a VPN, you can purchase service for temporary usage before (which I recommend) or while you are there. Search Google for "VPN services for China" and you should be fine.  
    MPQ works perfectly fine in China. It’s LINE that does not much to my chagrin for several years. 
  • ZeroKarma
    What @Chrono_Tata said. Lol
  • oogboog
    OK, I guess I will find out when I go there.
  • JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Yes, MPQ works in China as I recall but I don't think that I could connect to the app store for some reason while over there to buy HP if I needed it .  
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I contribute to my alliance in Taiwan all the time!! I live there! 

• ZeroKarma
    @oogboog I lived in China for a number of years, and would suggest that you should load up a VPN on every device you have regardless. This will let you access the US store (or other country) as well as Facebook, YouTube, Google, LINE, etc. 

Rules are constantly changing so have that VPN loaded before the trip.