Mockingbird teammates?

Options
Tintaiwan
Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
I pulled a bunch of Mockingbird and just champed her.  I had not played her much.   Playing her 5/5/3 so 

Seems like should would work well with a lot of folks.  Anyone have good pair ups?
Tagged:

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How about a 0/0/5 Gambit? :)  Seriously, I've been using her (5/5/3 Champed/Boosted) with Gambattery in the Hulk Event.  Every three turns, she's putting down Bombshell tiles that do nearly 27K damage.  They managed 4 clears of the 5-star node in about 10 minutes with a not-leveled-up-at-all 0/3/1 Daredevil.

If you're looking for a 4-star rainbow team and want to be most of a cliche, you could use her with 4-star Rocket&Groot and Carol.  She also combines with Vulture to cover all 6 colors by themselves, albeit with a passive yellow.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Passives and colors with no powers actually seem to benefit Mockingbird, since you don't have the conflict of use the power and lose the potential Opportunist attack, or just hording the AP.

I've been enjoying pairing her with 3* Black Panther in this event, as the occasional random free Rage of the Panther is quite satisfying. Also, since her pink lets you double tap strike tiles, Panther's yellow is also really good.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just found out that if you trigger a power that you need to select tiles to use (like 2-star Magneto's Polarity Shift) the computer picks the tiles for you.  You don't get the choose them.  Is this how it is supposed to work?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm also using mockingbird with daredevil and 4* carol on final hulk nodes each sub. Just watch hulk anger trigger so may passives and getting loads of free abilities.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She goes well with Vulture.  If Vulture is higher level, her purple will help fuel his black and keep him airborne, which in turn will help fuel her Bombshell.  Since both characters will be generating AP, it also increases the chance that Opportunist will trigger a power.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie said:
    I'm also using mockingbird with daredevil and 4* carol on final hulk nodes each sub. Just watch hulk anger trigger so may passives and getting loads of free abilities.
    I used Rogue to nullify Hulk. I am kicking myself I didn't Think to try out Mockingbird with her.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Coulson is an interesting partner. His purple passive helps bombshell go off, although its fortified and only 2 turns. Depending on your 3rd partner tho I would not recommend him since he spends team up ap, and I like letting the AI match 4 with team ups to trigger Opportunist.
    Vulture and Gamora are a good team, Vulture keeps Gamora fueled to stun lock the enemy. 
    I've said it on another thread before, but she pairs well with Venom. Her purple helps him spam enemy protect tiles, which makes him dangerous. Add Riri to round out the colors and to provide strong power options.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just found out that if you trigger a power that you need to select tiles to use (like 2-star Magneto's Polarity Shift) the computer picks the tiles for you.  You don't get the choose them.  Is this how it is supposed to work?
    Yes. This was a change very shortly before she was released; it affects Fastball Special as well. When your team fires a power for free, the AI makes all applicable choices for you (randomly). Presumably this is to avoid the awkward (for the programmers) scenario where Opportunity triggers multiple powers in the same turn, each of which could have different player choices to make.

Good teammates for Mockingbird have powers that you wouldn't mind firing at any time, and expensive ones are a bonus. Riri is an excellent example, but also Deadpool, Gamora, Jean Grey, Kate Bishop, and Moon Knight
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably not competitive, but can you imagine a Mockingbird/Vulture/IM40 team in SIM?

No thanks.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    Probably not competitive, but can you imagine a Mockingbird/Vulture/IM40 team in SIM?

No thanks.
    That kind of team is fairly easy pickings for another Vulture team though.  It's fun seeing the enemy cast IM40's recharge only for your Vulture to remove all three countdowns in one go when he takes off.