Is this a bug? [Devs Aware]

Options
dragonslayer
dragonslayer Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
For now the perfect score in HOD IS 126 BUT THERE IS ONE who is having 130 (+4). so how?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I see this very thing! Impossible score atop the leaderboard from an account I have never seen atop any leaderboard before.

Perhaps a more accurate title to the OP is warranted; e.g., "Cheat acct(?) atop HoD leaderboard???"
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's more reasonable to assume it's a bug than that it's a cheat who's smart enough to be the only one who did it but dumb enough not to go under the radar. 
  • dragonslayer
    Options
    This is the image of the top placement
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    I think it's more reasonable to assume it's a bug than that it's a cheat who's smart enough to be the only one who did it but dumb enough not to go under the radar. 
    there are many dumb cheaters in the history of online games. past cheaters in mtgpq are equally dumb when they cranked out 5 winning games worth of points in the final round in less than 5 minutes. the hou top prize of 300 jewels probably entice some cheaters to become active again. 
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options

This is the image of the top placement

if you are pushed down the correct prize bracket when the event ends because of this scoring bug(?) error, i recommend you cut a ticket and request that you be compensated with the correct prize. It has happened to me before and I was compensated with the right prize afterwards. 
  • dragonslayer
    Options
    ok balacklotus i will do that ,for now am still second

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    it's not a cheat, I've been there before(beyond perfect).
    it happens when you win during a sww error. sometimes
    the game will credit your points for that win twice. we've
    had quite a few sww errors since the update. 
    a 2 objectives error gives +7 error, 1 objective gives a
    +6 error, no objective win gives +5 error. it looks like
    the player dropped at least 1 point somewhere.
    (the reason why you've never seen that player name
    on the high rank list is because -1 would usually leave
    you out of the best rewards list in platinum)

HH
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @hawkyh1 has the correct answer. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [MOD MIC ON] Moved to Bugs and Technical Issues for tracking purposes -- left redirect. [//MOD MIC]
  • Dave808
    Dave808 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Oh that's great, so now even playing an event perfectly all the way through won't get you 1st place? How is this acceptable? 
  • Ohboy
    Options
    1st to 5th get same prizes.

Unless this actually bumps anyone from their slot(currently it seems unlikely?) I don't think this is going to matter much in the bigger scheme of things. 
  • MDsupa
    MDsupa Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    yeap on my bracket there's someone who's 4 points above max score.  got screenshot..but won't post it.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Of course it can. If you are on the bottom rank of one reward tier, it can knock you down a tier, especially considering how tight the race ends up at the end. 
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Yes, it's a non zero chance of being an issue.

But there are only 6 bubble spots. 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With about 5 or 6 people tied in those spots each, more or less. Which in the end amounts to 25-30 people who only get half the jewels they should have if this bug didn't exist. 

In the weekly two-day events, I'm more likely to agree with you and say "eh, who cares? The difference between placing 1st and 25th is 10 crystals." But when the difference is 150 crystals, it's a much bigger deal. 
  • Ohboy
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I didn't mean it doesn't matter if some people were affected. I meant I don't think anyone is likely to be affected by one off the chart score. 

I don't actually have an eye on the leaderboards, but from the last two weeks, isn't top 5 perfect score, and top 25 all -1 point? Or did Thanksgiving disrupt the normal performance? 
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Ohboy Last week´s HOD actually had 25 perfects in platinum :)

It might break a prize bracket further down, but this time it likely won´t matter for the top prizes (since perfect will still be top 5, and perfect - 1 will be top 25).
  • MDsupa
    MDsupa Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    and -2 would be below 50th then.  if that's ok with everyone.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    tfg76 said:
    @Ohboy Last week´s HOD actually had 25 perfects in platinum :)

It might break a prize bracket further down, but this time it likely won´t matter for the top prizes (since perfect will still be top 5, and perfect - 1 will be top 25).

That's what I meant. It only affects people at the bubble, and that probability is greatly reduced by the fact there are ties. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I've passed this info along to the developers, and they'll be sure to investigate. What @hawkyh1
    says is certainly plausible, but we will double check with the development team to see if that is the case.

Apologies for the confusion.