one node hiding the other in hulk sighting: greenland

the 5* essential node hides the normal one next to it when selected.... just need to nudge it a bit outwards.

not a big deal, just a tad annoying and easy fix

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is definitely a needless annoyance on day 2 of this event, particularly if you are playing for placement where speed is important.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol someone's a tapper.  yeah.  just move the node out a bit more to the left.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    lol someone's a tapper.  yeah.  just move the node out a bit more to the left.
    A tapper? Not sure what that is or why somebody complaining about a buggy layout would be one either.
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    I play on PC.  You cannot click on the node Greenland V, which means that you cannot progress past it.
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    sinburn said:
    I play on PC.  You cannot click on the node Greenland V, which means that you cannot progress past it.
    Update:  If you click to the right of the outline of the Greenland V node (outside of the 5*'s selection range, you can select it.  
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it took me a little bit of time to figure out where you needed to click to get access to that node.  Was really worried that I'd be locked out!
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    My first thought was "Oh, man I musta ate too much for Thanksgiving my fingers are so fat now I can't even select the right node". My next thought was "Must be time to pony up for the iPad Pro I clearly need more screen real estate to work with thank goodness it's Black Friday". Not saying that either of those conclusions were wrong, but after sleeping on it I can't help think that the best/easiest solution would be to just move the 5* essential node a little bit to the left. ;)

I'll hit the treadmill and Best Buy just the same, but if @Brigby or @Tombstone wouldn't mind looking into the last option that would be greatly appreciated.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I eventually figured out to tap slightly to the right of it on my iphone, as well.  Annoying.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. That certainly does sound inconvenient placement for the node. Apologies for that! 

I'll pass this info on right now regardless, but if anyone has a screenshot available, that would certainly help the developers get a better idea right off the bat. 
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I know this is worse case, but unfortunately, this screenshot my alliance mate took is the only "evidence" I have of this effect. Please trust me even if the Daredevil node wasn't expanded you'd still have a devil :D of a time hitting the node hiding behind it.

https://ibb.co/hZybV6

Sorry @Brigby I couldn't do better but I appreciate you passing this along to the developers
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Looks like the developers beat me to the punch, upon returning from Thanksgiving break. I received word that this was addressed in yesterday's daily patch. The 5-Star Essential node should no longer block that middle node when it is expanded.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    thanks! glad to hear it won't happen again.
    might be good practice to define a minimum screen-distance between nodes from now on, when adding 5* essential nodes to events that didn't have them before.
  • Fionsel
    Fionsel Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    y4747 said:
    might be good practice to define a minimum screen-distance between nodes from now on, when adding 5* essential nodes to events that didn't have them before.
    Good practice is to actually do testing before releasing anything. Internal testing should have already picked up on this as it is so blatently apparent