4* DDQ: G4mora vs Big Daddy Thanos!

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

So how did everyone do?

Have to admit I haven't attempted it yet as my G4mora is only 2/1/1 and level 94, but Thanos doesn't seem that impossible as long as you deny Purple...

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A surprisingly fun matchup. Got it first time with my lv140 5/4/1 Gamora with +40% all damage boost, +2 G/B AP, +2 all AP

Managed to get out a Deadliest Woman early, which would have downed Thanos if not for a single Purple tile that fell after my match-3 *sobs* Still, managed to wear Thanos down, especially with Incapacitate. With Thanny at 1363 health, a Deadly Strike finished him off

LT got me GladiaThor Green to put him at 2/2/4 :D
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Champed Gamora didn't face much resistance from Thanos. Fired black early on & the strike/attack tiles just wore him down fast, never even got to stun him. LT banked for now.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First time for me with my 4/4/5 lvl 250 gamora, no boosts.

LT was a yondu yellow to make him 1/2/2
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    273 4/4/5 Gamora,  Did it on the first try; good thing, there was enough blue to start stun.  Then create attack & strike tiles with black, then Deadly Strike.  Rinse & repeat.  LT to the hoard.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Easy.  First try, no boosts 5/3/5 L289/

Took longer than expected to get first blue off, but once I did he never got another turn.  Had about 7K-10K health left.

+1 to hoard
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Got around to trying it with my level 94 2/1/1 Gamora. I quickly realized that match and ability damage wouldn't cut it, so I decided to stock up on AP boosts and aim to trigger Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy. It took a while, but I got it to work out. Quite happy. :)
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champ Gamora, 273, first try, no boosts. I got him stunned, fired my black, and surprisingly realized I had filled all the purple on the board. Made my move, no new purple dropped, bam! Dead Thanos, from about 6K left. I was well on the way to winning anyway but that was satisfying.

Holding the token for now.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/5/5 level 233 Gamora met little resistance.

First Nightcrawler cover from the token. That red Gamora in HfH store is tempting with one cover on the vine, but I'm not sure she will see the use to justify it.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    2/5/5 level 233 Gamora met little resistance.

First Nightcrawler cover from the token. That red Gamora in HfH store is tempting with one cover on the vine, but I'm not sure she will see the use to justify it.
    Gamora and Rocket and Groot are one of the foremost fourstar duos in the game right now, so you can probably put Gamora to good use. But obviously that depends on what the rest of your roster looks like.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Piece of cake for my 3/5/5 Level 288 G4mora. Finished with 13553 health left, first try with no boosts. Token to the hoard.

I had a decent amount of blue on the board, so I stunned him fairly early, and did so two or three more times. Not fully stunlocked for the rest of the match, but close. Fired The Deadliest Woman... and Deadly Strike once each and it didn't last much longer after that.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A champed Gamora and plenty of blue made this the easiest Crash ever for me.

The token was the latest in a string of Vultures (seriously, I have pulled 5 or 6 in the last week or so) with a bonus red Starlord (appropriate!) as well.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My 3/5/5 lv 285 Gamora struggled way more than she should have because the board was starved of her colors.  I just had to wait for blue and black to start falling and once they did, Gamora rolled.  I wasn't trying to deny Thanos anything so he had a Come and Get Me tile expire and put down an Infinite Power CD tile.  That one was matched away before I could even fire off Deadliest Woman so it was a complete waste for him.  Survived with 1800+ health.

LT gave me a champed Mockingbird cover bringing her to lv 274 and a bonus yellow Venom bringing him to 1/5/2
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A red/blue heavy board made this a cinch for my 5/3/5 Lv272 Gamora.  The LT gave me an unusable Sandman, but such is life...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    279 champed Gamora. Easy enough. First try, no boosts. Didn't get to insta-kill him, but oh well. Maybe next time :)

Token yielded a Hulkbuster.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/5 Lvl278. Piece of cake. He was stunned most of the time. Token was a Lockjaw green, bringing him to a very nice 3/3/3
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fairly easy match-up for champed level 271 Gamora. Sad I didn't get to blast Thanos away with a full power Deadliest Woman. 
    LT got me a useless yellow Captain Falcon.

On a different node, who do you think Rocket and Groot's opponent will be? I was thinking Cloak and Dagger, for the symmetry of both being duos. 
    Or perhaps another Guardian?
  • icon2
    icon2 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2017
    Options
    4/4/3 Level 90 Gamora, 1st Try

I went after black matches, but was unable to use The Deadliest Woman due to Thanos activating Infinite Power.  I then made two blue matches and fired Incapacitate with only 209 health left.  With 8 pink/purple tiles on the board,  I then matched Thanos' countdown tile leaving only 5 purples which I was now able to turn into special tiles with The Deadliest Woman.  Luckily, my next match 3 didn't bring down any more purple, so Thanos was downed with the passive black power.

I don't think I've ever finished the 4* DDQ this fast before; it resulted in a 3* Iron Man cover and brings my Latest Legends count to 68.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/3/5 level 281

Expected it to easy, but didn't suspect the ai would help. Started off with a blue match. AI followed with a black that set up another blue match for me. Fired Incapacitate and just beat him down.

Token to the hoard.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    well I have a lvl 272 champ Gamora so this was very easy. just stunned and pounded Big Daddy T in to the dirt
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/2/4 lvl 141 Gamora had Thanos stunned into submission for a first time victory!