Hoarding Event/Vault tokens?

Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
So someone on here was saying that they hoard everything (even standards) for 2 weeks and then open everything at once and decide how to manage resources. I like that idea and wanted to try it in one week intervals but am curious about letting Tokens with a vault expire before opening them. I imagine it makes pulls worse correct?  If I have 8 Hulk and Friends tokens and have a 1/80 shot at a certain 4* then my odds get better with each pull that isn’t that 4*. But once the vault expires then it reverts to a token store and my odds are worse right? Doesn’t it make more sense to open those tokens right when you get them?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Expired vault tokens are still tied to a vault, it's just that you don't get to see what's in the vault and it is reset after each pull. I have gotten at least one Legendary token from an expired vault.

The vault mechanic is a bit of a double edged sword. Bad pulls increase the odds of getting a good pull later on, but getting good pulls early on means you will get more bad pulls later.

In general it is probably better to spend the vault tokens Before the vault Closes though.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoarding event vaults the right way means keeping them for the long haul (6-9 months).  You might only get 8 The Hulks this time, but those will never expire.  Next time The Hulk runs (assuming it's not a new character release which always gets a store or they don't do something weird) you will start with 8 and end with 16.  Last run of Enemy of the State I started with 45 pulls and was able to get everything I wanted with only spending a little extra HP.

IMO that's the only good way to deal with event vaults.