This match making seams off

Options
Sinitar
Sinitar Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
edited November 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Seriously why the heck is it that whenever I want to test out a deck on a Planeswalker that I am lvling I get paired with people that are 15 levels higher than me that is a huge advantage due to the better color matches higher lvl abilities and more deck flexibility...sure if I beat them it feels good but is usually by the skin of my teeth and for the vast amount of time I don't just lose I get my face stomped into the ground

Comments

• Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not to sound unsympathetic, but that's better than playing against someone of equal or lower level. It helps you to understand what cards are good in the deck and what you can live without.

I use to love to play against higher level walkers just so I knew how to play my new walker. Lately I've been playing pauper for the most part in Training Grounds to put myself at a disadvantage to learn their abilities better.

After I win my four games I change to a different deck so my opponents can have more of a challenge... but you can only do so much with your collection. Just adjust if possible. Olivia/Pig/Ulich etc getting you down, play more creature kill. Supports annoying you, anti support cards are usually cycling, so even if you don't need them you can draw.

Also, a lot of people are on Discord that are always willing to help with tips/deck ideas to improve the game of others. Even if from a different coalition, they will do what they can to help ensure this game we all enjoy if fun for everyone.

If you don't want to be on Discord, just ask for tips here on the forums. The majority of us will help if needed. You could start a thread of your own, post in the planeswalkers thread or just message me and I'll help you I'm any way I can.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PS - I originally thought Discord was for _voice_ talking since that was my original exposure to it. I hate physical talking so avoided it for ages.
    Finding out people are using it for text chat, it's much more like an old BBS or IRC with a nicer interface, much nicer than I thought.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It should be your level +1-10. Not sure how you are getting 15+ unless you are changing your PW in Training Grounds. 
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I prefer slack to discord, it’s a bit more professional and easier on my eyes. But, yes, there are a lot of third party chats dedicated to discussing the game and we’re all happy to help!
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't think which app people use make too much of a difference, although I think discord suits me better. What really makes the difference is having a community to share tips and experience. 

There are at least a couple of them out there and I really recommend to everybody to at least have a look at it. It helped me a lot in my early days and today being part of one of this communities is one of the things that makes me keep playing the game.

PS. Sorry for the off topic, but things kind of derailed a bit... I am just going with the flow...