Are you in CL7?
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep I am

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They changed point rewards in 5* nodes so now they are based on SLC.
    I am on 9 and i get like 550 points (on the other side, fighting Ragnarok with 70k isnt very funny)
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haha, no. I avoid SCL 8-9
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    I must have missed the memo. Was this change in the release notes?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Ahh, I should probably peek into that area of the forum from time to time. Thanks for the link!

-JaGo
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It wasn't obvious that this is what they were doing when they first posted that thread.  Before the edits, it sounded like the 5* essential node would continue to be worth more than the 4* essential node.  That clearly isn't what happened though.

I guess they wanted to make it so that merely having to the featured 5* wouldn't guarantee good placement for players at the level CL7 is aimed at.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To be honest, having that node worth so little I'm scl7 seems an exercise in futility, might as well just remove it.
  • GreenyBoy
    GreenyBoy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    They didn't just make 5* essential node lower then the 4*.
    Right now in cl7 5* essential is the node with less pts available.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm fine with it. It encourages people to move up the CL's, and it appears to have worked. The first slice of CL7 has only flipped once so far whereas 8 has flipped 3 times and 9 has flipped twice. 
  • swordfishdata
    swordfishdata Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    I think it has something to do with giving a LT to cl9 players in t10 alliances. You can't have half the alliance slumming in cl7 and still score the same amount of points (or more since they clear faster) as those that all played cl9.
    THIS. D3 figured out that one of the easiest ways to affect this particular player behaviour is to let alliances apply pressure to individual members to play at the highest CL level their rosters are capable of, while still giving individuals the choice to slum if they really want to. 
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm playing The Hulk in SCL6 and was wondering why there wasn't a five-star node to use this Daredevil after I saw it listed in the sneak previews.  Just as well, I guess.  If it only gives you 60 points in SCL7 it would probably take points away from you in 6...

(Incidentally, the repetitive nature of fighting the Dark Avengers and HAMMER again and again and again all week is really underscoring how nice it would be to have some new non-playable villains in this game!  Can't Osborn contract with the Masters of Evil or the Sinister Six or somebody new?)
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm playing The Hulk in SCL6 and was wondering why there wasn't a five-star node to use this Daredevil after I saw it listed in the sneak previews.  Just as well, I guess.  If it only gives you 60 points in SCL7 it would probably take points away from you in 6...

(Incidentally, the repetitive nature of fighting the Dark Avengers and HAMMER again and again and again all week is really underscoring how nice it would be to have some new non-playable villains in this game!  Can't Osborn contract with the Masters of Evil or the Sinister Six or somebody new?)
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Incidentally, the repetitive nature of fighting the Dark Avengers and HAMMER again and again and again all week is really underscoring how nice it would be to have some new non-playable villains in this game!  Can't Osborn contract with the Masters of Evil or the Sinister Six or somebody new?
    This is what the vets have been suffering from for more than four years.