Why the shop changed? Price and amount

zerbi1
zerbi1 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
It was bevore the patch at 89€ on my side and i was getting 25k hero points now it cost 99€ and give only 20k hp?

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    The fact that you mentioned 20k and 25k suggest maybe you were seeing a temporary (A/B testing) sale, and the update reverted you back to the normal 99 and 20k amount.

Or it could be a currency store adjustment.

What does your screen normally say?

• GreenyBoy
    GreenyBoy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Wasn't a temporary sale, I had this prices for over a year and can confirm the same.
    Prices changed during the last update. Highier amount for less items.
    A Stark was 89€ for 25k HP now it's 100€ for 20k
    A Loonie was 16€ for 3.400HP now 20€ for 2.900....

If by any means this is smart **** solution to earn more money, it will be the exact opposite.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I blame Brexit.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Consider yourself lucky.
    I pay 109,99 € for 20K on iOS.

Well, I would pay that if I hadn't stopped buying in April.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe they're higher the prices now so they can lower them back at Black Friday? ;)
  • GreenyBoy
    GreenyBoy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby, can you please try to explain the price change?
    This were our regular prices, not a temporary sale.

Thank you in advance.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    GreenyBoy said:
    @Brigby, can you please try to explain the price change?

Thank you in advance.
    No, they were a long sale for you.
    The standard is 109€/100  US$ for 20k HP.

And would it kill them to let everyone get those crazy deals sometime? I've never gotten them. Yet I see people get up to 32k HP for the same price point. It's messed up.
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Went from 133 CAD for 20k, 99 USD for 25k, now 120 for 20k. Not sure if this is in USD or CAD since I've stopped purchasing, including VIP. Don't know what I'll be charged in. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby, can you please try to explain the price change?

Thank you in advance.
    From what I know, certain players may encounter sale prices on usual purchases, some long term and some short. If you have seen a lower price for a year, then it would appear that you were seeing a long term sale price.

For more official information, you can find our FAQ here: https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=common-questions&f=why-am-i-seeing-different-store-offers-and-pricing-than-others&l=en
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    They can do whatever they want for how much they want.

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?l=en&s=privacy&f=terms-of-use

We can manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate virtual currency and/or virtual goods, including the price thereof, at our discretion, and will have no liability to you or any third party for any of such actions. 
  • Michaelcles
    My favorite part of the fine print is bonded.  How much longer do they have the Marvel license?

https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?l=en&s=privacy&f=terms-of-use

You agree that in the event that this EULA, your account or the Game is terminated for any reason, which may include, without limitation, our discontinuation for any reason of the applicable portion of the Game, you will forfeit all virtual currency and virtual goods, and we will have no liability to you for such forfeiture.
  • Michaelcles
    There’s more (same link).  Looks like they don’t even need to tell players when the game finally ends, just pull the plug after cashing in.

Changes, Suspension or Termination of the Game.  We reserve the right to add, change, suspend or discontinue the Game, or any aspect or feature of the Game, without notice or liability. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    There’s more (same link).  Looks like they don’t even need to tell players when the game finally ends, just pull the plug after cashing in.

Changes, Suspension or Termination of the Game.  We reserve the right to add, change, suspend or discontinue the Game, or any aspect or feature of the Game, without notice or liability. 

At least we'd see the game go from maintained to not maintained before it dies. 
    Not necessarily.

Marvel Heroes went from "we'll shut down in a month" to "we'll shut down tomorrow" within a few days.
    When Marvel pulls the plug, it pulls it hard.
  • Michaelcles
    Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:

Not necessarily.

Marvel Heroes went from "we'll shut down in a month" to "we'll shut down tomorrow" within a few days.

Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:

Not necessarily.

Exactly.

Article on shutdown 
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/11/27/marvel-heroes-servers-shut-down-a-month-earlier-than-expected

Another article that Disney did it.  Marvel heroes was released a few months before MPQ in 2013.
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/11/15/marvel-heroes-shut-down-by-disney