New 4* Release PvP Packs

LifeofAgony
LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
Apologies it this has been covered elsewhere.

I see a MEHulk vault, but the pvp gives out event specific tokens - but there’s no store to purchase event tokens, and they go immediately into “vaulted” status.

Is this an intentional change?  Are they phasing out cover stores for 4* releases?

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I think they've already been phased out. This is out it's been for the last few 4*s too. I know Rogue and NIghtcrawler got a vault instead of a store.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I think the "trick", as it were, is that the vaults are for both their PvP event and their first PvE as an essential character, so you get a few more tokens.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Except it’s much lower odds 1:80 and once you’ve got the MEHulk, you’ve got to reset the vault or clear it.

For the cost of emptying the vault you could buy a 40-pack from the respective store and potentially pull several.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    First, it seems obvious to me that something was not implemented right.

Second, the PVP for the 4* new release always had the best odds in the past.  It was your best shot if you wanted to whale or just try a few more times.

The last two releases (Rogue,NC) had both PVE and PVP pulling from a vault which (as pointed out above) is limited in covers and more expensive to get covers from.

They have also, with Shield Training, made it “important” to have 10 covers very soon after release.  But also made the questionable decision to make it harder to get those covers from stores - unless people are really clearing multiple vaults.

It’s hard to know if the MEH tokens should be pulling from the vault to or if they just messed up the store.

Note to devs:  it is kind of important to get your stores right.  Just sayin’.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    You're forgetting all the sakaar tokens we've been raking in over the last month. We're swimming in chances at MEH (or really, meh works too).
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're forgetting all the sakaar tokens we've been raking in over the last month. We're swimming in chances at MEH (or really, meh works too).
    Guess I should have saved mine....