Heart of Darkness 5* Essential

alphabeta
alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
So how is everyone in SCL 9 enjoying 515 Bolt, Medusa and Lockjaw?

Even knowing it was going to be there ahead of time clearing it last night was a special joy and the prospect of grinding it tonight fills me with such excitement.

@Brigby I know you started a roster a while back - are you up to scl9 yet?  If so how did you enjoy that particular node?

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    i was lucky to have a champ SL, which deals 18k AOE dmg. i brought it Rulk and vulture,2 green generator for SL to blast them with milano. it was difficult, i think i used 2-3 health packs for 4 initial clears but it was relatively fast. 

never been more glad to have a champ SL.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah..i skipped that node. Hopefully i still will get top 200 and snatch a Hulk cover.
  • agarber
    agarber Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Did kind of ok with champed Nova, Prof X, and lvl 255 StarLord for all 6 clears. Ate a bunch of healthpacks, but it was a nice challenge/puzzle.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Starlord, Daredevil (with low starting health) and Thanos won convincingly. Gather purple and green, make tiles with DD, once you've got enough purple, match Medusa's countdown, flip and stun with DD, kill everyone.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    There’s a reason for Deadpool Whales points, and this node is it. :)
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos champed SL and RG.  Took out BB first. Boosted all AP with MBW TU. Stun the dog asap and kill BB.  Did this in SL9.  My clears I went 4/5. 1 wipe.  Grind was 3/4.  1 wipe.  I think this is the hardest 5E node on the hardest sub of any pve.  
  • Swish
    Swish Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Believe it or not, boosted 4* Thor & IM40 handled it in clears 2-7 & I only wiped once. And, yes, in scl9.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture and Prof X. It was messy, but it worked. Twice I got down to just Prof X and had to grind it out (thankfully I had enough special tiles to make it worthwhile).
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 said:
    There’s a reason for Deadpool Whales points, and this node is it. :)
    0/0/5 3-star Gambattery and my Deadpool agree. :)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did SCL8 and it was quite challenging. Wiped at at least 2 if not 3 times. I still got 7. 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    wholeheartedly hate it
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Made me very happy I don't have 5tar-Lord rostered and thus didn't have to even pretend to care about that node... It was a nightmare last time.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I managed to get through it in SCL 8 on the 1st 4 rounds with only 2 wipeouts.

I had no plans to do the final clears on it even if I had been able to finish my final clears for that sub yesterday.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I had a really confusing moment with this node where I put down my ipad for a moment after making a move, and came back to see my champed T4or had been reduced from full health to dead, with the rest of the team unscathed. I'm not sure who on that team is actually capable of that other than maybe Medusa with a hair meddle leading to an unimaginably huge cascade.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards

I managed my first four clears with Coulhawk (my SL is 10 covers and at 325, so acts a bit like a normal under-covered 5* when boosted.)  When doing my final grind, I wiped twice due to bad luck.  I was playing SCL9 and didn't foresee getting top 50, so I just let it be after clearing it once.

Tough node...

• phaseetious4me
    phaseetious4me Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Did 5th clear in SCL9 with 3* Gambit, Silver Surfer and champed SL, the rest were with level 435 5* Gambit instead. Keep yellow charged off the board, down Lockjaw->BB->Medusa, clear strikes with Gambit.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I have no shame in admitting that I whaled it 4x, didn't even bother with the last clears since I had t50 on lock but couldn't reach t20
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I was only in SCL8 but I ended up using champed Nova & 3* Gambat with my 2/2/2 level 255 SL. SL would use the pink to steal any attack tiles or just steal some AP if I had a bunch of pink. Nova would make strike tiles & send them flying for 2 turns. I was somehow matching so much red I was basically sending someone flying every turn. Didn't use any health packs once I started using that team. Kinda wishing I had tried SCL 9.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    So how is everyone in SCL 9 enjoying 515 Bolt, Medusa and Lockjaw?

Even knowing it was going to be there ahead of time clearing it last night was a special joy and the prospect of grinding it tonight fills me with such excitement.

Brigby I know you started a roster a while back - are you up to scl9 yet?  If so how did you enjoy that particular node?
    Unfortunately I am only up to SCL8, and not 9 yet, so I'm afraid I don't have any insight into this specific node. :(