Farm 3*?

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Do any of you farm 3*? My Blad3 is 266 with covers waiting in queue. There are a few of the older 3* nearing their max as well. What would you do?

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks, sound advice!
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have a 4* roster that's coming along nicely, and I have most of the "high-end" 4* characters champed,  so I rarely use my 3*s anymore.  Farming my 3*s at this point makes perfect sense for me. 

The caveat is that with my 2* farm, I'll sell the character when I have it at 144 + 1 cover (so I always have the character recruited), but with 3*s I'll keep the 266 version and recruit a new copy.  Once I have the new copy at 13 covers I'll sell the 266 one.  I did this for the first time last week with my IM40 and rechamped him a few days ago.  Dr strange is next on the chopping block, just need 1 more cover.  Im sure once I'm closer to being "done" with my 4* roster that ill be more inclined to eventually sell 3*s at 266 + 1 cover, but I'm pretty far from that yet =).

That's all my personal preference on how to deal with it, though.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm farming too, it does also depend on which 3* it is though. I'm not farming Strange, IM40 & Iron Fist because I still use those guys a lot and dont want to have to use a 166 version of them. The rest, I'll be farming constantly. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm farming dupes. It took a long time to max out those 3*s and they're still used for PvP. It seems silly to sell them before my dupe starts to catch up.

When my dupe hits 266, then I'll sell them.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I will only farm 3s feed by 2 stars and those suspiciously high rng characters like IM40, KK, Blade, and Iron Fist.

Though I'm not selling my 266 threes just yet, holding out for a hopeful price and HP bump.
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I kept investing my HP on my slots. I currently have 196 slots. The minimum number for farming 3* should be 14 (2*) + 46*2 (3*) + 58 (4*) + 20 (5*) = 184. I have couple extra slots to roster the extra dups for 5* (Hate to sell them at 2k ISO) and start the farming for 4*. I still keep investing my HP on the slots. all covers regardless 2*, 3*, 4* will yield you more rewards. It will help you immensely in the long run. One last note, you don't need to buy any HP to achieve this. The HP obtained from champion rewards will give you sufficient HP for buying slots and shields etc.

• Nick441234
    Options

"Farm 3*?"

Yes.

I'm farming too, it does also depend on which 3* it is though. I'm not farming Strange, IM40 & Iron Fist because I still use those guys a lot and dont want to have to use a 166 version of them. The rest, I'll be farming constantly. 
    You don't have to sell the maxed one.
    I dont, but I dont want more than one on my roster at a time. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m farming everything. Selling the original to level the dupe is a choice each person has to make for themselves. I understand the impulse to sell, especially if you need the iso and have a 4* on the vine and when these 3s may be essential only 1-2x a year. For me personally, I’m a collector first and foremost. The collecting is what I love most about the game. I want every character max-Champed and it’s easier (for me) to let a few 4* covers expire over the course of eventually champing them, if it means saving having to get 113 3* covers. I also have no interest in the 5* game at this point. So once I champ all 4s (just did number 40) I’ll have even more iso to dedicate to the cause. 
  • Nick441234
    Options

"Farm 3*?"

Yes.

HP problems?

If not, if it's only personal preference, that's a pretty costly, limiting preference. To each their own.
    I dont use many 3*s these days so would rather save my HP for more useful things than roster slots. Also saves on ISO too as I wont have to pump ISO into 2 of the same 3*. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"Farm 3*?"

Yes.

HP problems?

If not, if it's only personal preference, that's a pretty costly, limiting preference. To each their own.
    I dont use many 3*s these days so would rather save my HP for more useful things than roster slots. Also saves on ISO too as I wont have to pump ISO into 2 of the same 3*. 
    It doesn’t actually save iso. That’s a misconception. It just ties it up in the short term. But whether you sell immediately or later, the cost is the same. 
  • Nick441234
    Options
    Nick441234 said:.. save my HP for more useful things than roster slots.
    Such as?

Would rather spend my HP on packs and vaults (depending on their contents). 
  • Nick441234
    Options

"Farm 3*?"

Yes.

HP problems?

It doesn’t actually save iso. That’s a misconception. It just ties it up in the short term. But whether you sell immediately or later, the cost is the same. 
    With 10 4*s left to champ, I'd rather not have any ISO tied up unnecessarily in 3*s. I'm more than happy to have a 166 3*, as long as its not one I still use regularly (Strange, IM40 & Fist). 
  • Nick441234
    Options
    Nick441234 said:.. save my HP for more useful things than roster slots.
    Such as?

Would rather spend my HP on packs and vaults (depending on their contents). 
    I knew I shouldn't have asked :D

By all means, have 200 roster slots if you see fit. I'll use my HP on actually expanding my roster. ;)