A fix to CL slumming.

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
According to my research the game already has 2 separate brackets per CL per 1000 people signed up for a story event. A newbie or poorly playing bracket and a vet bracket. Just create a third bracket per CL. If the average level of your top 3 characters equals a specific number say over 255 for CL 6 you are placed in a bracket with only those above this number. No need for locking out characters or basing it on Shield levels. Everyone wins, those below the number don't have to lose to people slumming but those that want to drop for easy fights can do so with out penalty. 

(I apologize if my research information  is outdated)

Tagged:

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It is actually outdated. SCL is implemented partly to solve an issue with noob/med/vet brackets. In the past, there was no SCL, some players, which had various understandable reasons, intentionally scored poorly to be placed in the noob brackets for easy placement.

Surprisingly, those reasons are very similar to the reasons why the people drop down now (i.e. rewards vs. effort, higher SCL takes too long, can't start/finish when the sub start/end etc.)