Update this game for split screen please!!!

Options
Drewster
Drewster Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
This game glitches with split screen phones. This is a feature on most new phones... Pisses me off that this game glitches on the actual game. I can do everything split screen EXCEPT play! I lost an important coalition event match due to this. Please fix!

Comments

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be nice if you could guarantee putting your phone down to eat lunch or take a phone call and not have it reset in the background, too....
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev, unfortunately that's partly due to the phone OS not the game, but the game could save it's state internally and give you an option to reconnect to your game. Probably a bit of dev work though

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    shteev, unfortunately that's partly due to the phone OS not the game, but the game could save it's state internally and give you an option to reconnect to your game. Probably a bit of dev work though

No option to reconnect since the match3 is client side. Any sort of store/load would be very exploitable
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    It would be nice if you could guarantee putting your phone down to eat lunch or take a phone call and not have it reset in the background, too....

I turned off battery saving mode completely the last 2 weeks. To my surprise the game no longer resets after 20 seconds. 
  • Drewster
    Drewster Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    shteev said:

I turned off battery saving mode completely the last 2 weeks. To my surprise the game no longer resets after 20 seconds. 
    This game no longer resets ever with my new phone. I checked thoroughly. It can run in the background for maybe indefinitely... But I wish split screen would work... I can deck build and do anything but play the game in split screen. It can't be that hard to fix...
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My iPad is very stable, but playing my alt on my iPhone 6 is a bit dicey. 
  • ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I am putting any ongoing game on "pause" while eating, never failed so far
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pause? Not sure what you mean.
  • ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    While playing there a "menu" under the gemfield, it puts the game on pause and shows objectives and the battlelog

• Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    On my new phone game never resets. Although I usually force close it if I am not going to use it soon. Android keeps warning that the game is consuming lots of battery when in background so I usually force kill it.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've taken to keeping my phone on the charger whenever I play. Seems to minimize the resets for me, but phones are stupid, so everybody's is probably different 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With me the update to iOS 11 increased resets, I think because memory usage overall has increased.
    When too memory is used it shutsdown background apps.
    I used to always be able to take a phonecall and send an sms safely, but whenevver I opened the photos to attach to an SMS it used to much memory and _always_ reset.
    But now sometimes just reading an SMS resets the game. I can't safely do _anything_ anymore.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Check the amount of available space on your phone storage too. If you have too little storage space on your phone, that also will cause the app to close in the background more frequently. It helped for me when I cleared out some of the stuff on my phone.