Invulnerable Gideon [Investigating]

Options
Tilwin90
Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
Hello, 
I have faced a very weird situation in Trial of Ambition event on my black node and although I was not able to reproduce the bug clearly, I thought I'd write here in case someone else faced the situation.

First I will present my opponent's deck:
Gideon 1
Angel of Sactions
Sacred Cat
Regal Caracal
Oketra the True
Crested Sunmare
Gideon's Intervention
Sigil of the Empty Throne
Desert's Hold
Prism Ring
(I think) Djeru with Eyes Open

I am not convinced about Djeru but I think I faced him at the beginning of the match and destroyed it really quick (Liliana zombies does short work of that).
At some point he succeeded to get a Gideon's Intervention and Desert's Hold on the board. I was able to pop both of them simultaneously with the same match.
From that point onward... no damage was being done to Gideon. I checked the board for Gideon's Intervention of course... the only support there was the silly Ring.
Do note that double damage was also in place. But no matter how much damage I did to the opponent, it dealt nothing (creatures did not work, drain effects did not work, Cruel Reality did not deal actual damage etc.)
(At some point I thought Oketra might actually no longer prevent damage as it smashed into my Dread Wanderer, but of course because of No Mercy, it destroyed her immediately)

On my side it should be noted that the supports I had in play were gem changers, Cruel Reality and No Mercy. 
I don't care about the event, I'm not bitter about losing a match stupidly, but I wanted to see if someone else faced this annoying invulnerability bug.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A while ago this also happened to me, GI was on the board and was destroyed, but the enemy still didn't take any damage from my attacks afterwards.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is showing up again this weekend. 2 players confirmed. 
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I ran into the invulnerable opponent bug today, and an alliance member reported having it happen to her yesterday.

Likely cause: Destroying Gideon's Intervention (GI) in the same gem match as another support.

In my case too, I made a white gem match which destroyed both Gideon's Intervention (GI) and another of the opponent's supports.  From that point on in the game, it was as though GI was always still on the board, even when it was not.  For example:
    • If GI was not present on the board at the start of the turn, then none of my attacks did any damage to the opponent.
    • if GI had been returned to the board with 2 support shields, and I attacked with 3 creatures, the first creature's attack dropped it to 1 shield and dealt no damage as expected, and the 2nd attack also dealt no damage and destroyed the support as expected, but the 3rd creature's attack unexpectedly also did no damage, even though there was no effect on the board to prevent it.
    • If GI had been returned again and I destroyed it with a support removal spell then attacked, none of my attacks did any damage.

Deck list of my opponent:
    • Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign
    • Consign
    • Displacement Wave
    • Galestrike
    • Unsummon
    • Desert's Hold
    • Gideon's Defeat
    • Gideon's Intervention
    • Overwhelming Splendor
    • Starfield of Nyx

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we please get an update on this, it is still VERY prevalent. 
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nb1ThJsWUFMrzbc92

Gideons intervention continues to prevent damage after it is destroyed.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby can you tell us if dev are aware?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options

Hi Everyone. I'm compiling a comprehensive list of all Ixalan bug reports to be sent to the development team today. I will be sure to include this issue on that list as well. Thanks for the info!