If the Defenders were a band.....

geno685
geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey guys, I have a fun little question for all of you. I am doing a small project for school where we have to create a musical album front and back. This includes song titles.  I am planning on doing mine based on the Defenders, or at least Iron Fist, Daredevil, and Luke Cage. It is just a fun project and nothing super professional.
My question is this: What would those song titles be and who would sing them?

Also if you want to have a cameo from someone else like Punisher that would be awesome as well.
So far I have created the following:
Heroes for Hire (LC and IF)
Unbreakable (LC) 
Defenders of New York (all 3)
Blind Justice (DD) 

EDIT: Forgot about Sweet Christmas for luke cage as a possibility.

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Well, first. Most modern bands generally only have one lead singer. Picking a genre and even are particular era of music history shows a lot of thought for a project like this.

Definitely a few exceptions; Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, KISS, Alice in Chains to name a few.

If you choose go that route, songs need consistency through out the album. Pick primary instruments for each. For me IF would make a great drummer being that martial arts is playing the drums with a lot of movement and balance. Jessica Jones on bass, cause girls playing bass are hot. Matt seems like a good choice for lead guitar, especially if playing the blues. Luke on keyboard, something that restrains him and requires finesse given his natural strength. 

Once you come up with the concept of the band playing and their genre; rock, blues, country? Song names should follow from that...but truthfully and this is just honest criticism, but your song titles are really just rip-offs of PvP events. While your class might not know this, it just sounds intellectually lazy here.

Put a little more thought into the characters and what a song they might really sing or write would be titled.

Rooftop prowler is a title I could see DD naming a song.

Yellow t-shirt as a luke cage song. Chi-Fu or Ballad of the dragon tamer for Danny.

Just food for.thought from a former TA that graded a lot of essay papers.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Iron Fist would obviously do Kung Fu Fighting. And possibly Boot to the Head.

Jessica Jones could do Purple Reign (intentionally misspelled).

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Elektra could have a guest appearance with a cover version of "I just died in your arms tonight".
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    All I have to say is that Iron Fist (from the Netflix show)  is definitely Yoko
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Pretty neat suggestions so far, especially love the idea of a love ballad with daredevil and elektra! 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017

Daredevil - Radar Love (Golden Earring)

or Senses Working Overtime (XTC)

Luke Cage - Skin (Spock's Beard)

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love is Blind
    I Need a Hero
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whisky in the Jar (with Jessica Jones on lead vocal)