**** Hulk (The Main Event)****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited November 2017 in Character Details

Hulk (The Main Event) 

4 Star Rarity (Legendary)

At Max Level: HP:  18523  65/12/74/3.0/13/85/11/43

Grand Entrance - 0 Green AP:

(PASSIVE) Hulk smashes his way into the arena.  At the start of the battle, destroy 4 random tiles.

At the start of the turn, swap 2 random tiles.

• Level 2: At the start of the battle, destroy 6 random tiles.
  • Level 3: At the start of the battle, destroy 8 random tiles.
  • Level 4: At the start of the turn, swap 4 random tiles.
  • Level 5: At the start of the battle, destroy 10 random tiles.
  • MAX LEVEL:
  • Level 3: At the start of the battle, destroy 8 random tiles and at the start of the turn, swap 2 random tiles.
  • Level 4: At the start of the turn, swap 4 random tiles.
  • Level 5: At the start of the battle, destroy 10 random tiles.
Gamma Powerbomb - 14 Purple AP:
The Hulk grabs his opponent and slams them to the ground, shaking the earth and shattering their focus.  Deals 611 damage and creates 2 random Critical tiles.
  • Level 2: Deals 1092 damage and creates 2 random Critical tiles.
  • Level 3: Deals 1728 damage and creates 4 random Critical tiles.
  • Level 4: Deals 1944 damage and creates 5 random Critical tiles.
  • Level 5: Deals 3573 damage.
  • MAX LEVEL:
  • Level 3: Deals 2490 damage and creates 4 random Critical tiles.
  • Level 4: Deals 3790 damage and creates 5 random Critical tiles.
  • Level 5: Deals 6966 damage.
The Crowd Goes Wild - 12 Yellow AP:
Hulk roars at the crowd, and the crowd roars back, cheering on the champ.  Create 3 3-turn Fortified Countdown tiles.  When this tile ticks down, either deal 111 damage to the enemy team, give the Hulk a burst of 204 health, or gain 2 random AP.
  • Level 2: Tiles either deal 156 damage to the enemy team or give the Hulk a burst of 287 health.
  • Level 3: Create 4 3-turn Fortified Countdown tiles.
  • Level 4: Tiles either deal 217 damage to the enemy team or give the Hulk a burst of 399 health.
  • Level 5: Creates 5 3-turn Fortified Countdown tiles.  Tiles either deal 278 damage to the enemy team or give the Hulk a burst of 510 health.
  • MAX LEVEL:
  • Level 3: Creates 4 3-turn Fortified Countdown tiles.  Tiles either deal 304 damage to the enemy team or give the Hulk a burst of 559 health.
  • Level 4: Tiles either deal 422 damage to the enemy team or give the Hulk a burst of 776 health.
  • Level 5: Creates 5 3-turn Fortified Countdown tiles.  Tiles either deal 540 damage to the enemy team or give the Hulk a burst of 993 health.

**** Hulk (The Main Event)**** 47 votes

5/5/3
25%
poomermonDartmaster01zeddicusValekBossMoosePrimemurrayb67Anonmarshallhunky_funkyHilkhelix72Doragon 12 votes
5/3/5
0%
3/5/5
55%
ThanosOzarkBoatswainKolenceYasurusinnerjflwymtimeStevO-JPiro_plockLLohmDeadsiderBlackBoltRocksWEBGASDAC169[Deleted User]SNKAllenSpecSpecternwahs086Bubba3210Player1575Sintermpq 26 votes
5/4/4
0%
4/4/5
6%
rixmithContinuedClockCactus_Jack_87 3 votes
4/5/4
12%
SpoitTheVultureHighdarkBlack Dukekirk justiceStraycat 6 votes

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Whatever you choose, 5 in Purple is basically non-negotiable.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    5 Critical tiles is Incredible!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should have see the unreleased 4* Iron Patriot. He had an ability that let you place 6 critical tiles. However he is playable on the console version.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    You should have see the unreleased 4* Iron Patriot. He had an ability that let you place 6 critical tiles. However he is playable on the console version.
    That sounds... incredibly broken.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    4/5/4
    As someone has said before Hulk´s purple at 5 is a no-brainer. His yellow is quite disappointing since its AP cost is too high and its benefit too low.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    SPECIAL TILE CREATORS HATE HIM! This one simple trick, discovered by an arena fighter, will start taking care of your Rocket & Groot problem before the match even properly starts!

;)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    He seems very meh to me.  Interesting passive for constant board shake.  But pretty weak active powers.

There is the obvious combo of purple battery + hulk + any champ 5* for massive critical cascade damge.  But that is building a whole team around a single strategy.  Doesnt seem like an optimal strategy.  

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Green passive is starting at the beginning of AI turn instead of the battle. Play his pvp event and you can clearly see this happening. Is this intended? Was it to avoid the AI destroying their own special tiles (eg. when they bring rocket & groot)?

Also a massive flavour fail, battle begins, you get to attack hulk and then he re-enters the arena. Did hulk forget something and had to go out to come back and make a dramatic entrance?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    SPECIAL TILE CREATORS HATE HIM! This one simple trick, discovered by an arena fighter, will start taking care of your Rocket & Groot problem before the match even properly starts!

;)
    Has anyone verified that he actually helps against an enemy Rocket & Groot though?  Or does your Hulk destroy the tiles before the enemy R&G places his strikes?

I assume it still works for Hulk on defence.
  • Rick_OShay
    edited November 2017
    I think the jury is still out on this big guy. Sure on paper his abilities are way too expensive, but for every time he swaps away an easy match-4 you would have had, you need to count how often he sets you up with them (even in non-yellow-or-purple colors for allies to use). Getting his yellow early on really helps build more AP as he still passively sets you up with other matches. And yep, I've left 3+ crits on the board for the enemy to use against me..

There's still a chance that a champ level ME-Hulk plays about as fast as Red Hulk, which isn't fast of course without a battery of some sort. Maybe he will be even slower than Rulk on his own, and it's hard to deny the value of Rulk's purple to deny the enemy team of green, but ME-Hulk will be a pain to fight against for sure. How often will his passive tile swap set up the enemy team for fantastic cascades? A lot.

As mentioned by others, an amazing team with 5*s is Gambattery (duh), and someone like Surfer. I happen to have an unintentional 0/3/3 Gambit, so he passively gains purple for ME-Hulk. Use Surfer blue to charge yellow or purple, use Gambit red to collect the charged tiles. Gamma powerbomb each enemy into the ground with those crits and 5* match damage. Fun.

• Rick_OShay
    Right thanks, I'll clear that up for future readers. With Gambatt, you can bomb each enemy and laugh (until they fix the Gambit epidemic).
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Oh boy, that green passive isn't going to be annoying at all.

Especially in his pvp.
  • Rick_OShay
    It's pretty hilarious when Hulk swaps a pair of tiles that are the same color. Whoa watch out!!
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    So let me get this straight you are playing the new Hulk with tile generators and you get upset when he destroys your tiles?  One of the points with him is to be a counter to R&G who everybody has been complaining about since they figured out how good that yellow power was.  This Hulk is supposed to keep the board clear between the tile switching at the start of each turn and the big hit at the start of the match.  Even the criticals help clear the board quicker.  A character will be bad when you pair him with people he should not be paired with.  I know the current meta is very heavy on tile generation and countdown tiles, maybe that is starting to change.  But try some other characters other than R&G, Gemora, Carol, Medusa. 

We have seen some good partners suggested above, frankly I want to try Agent Venom since I think he will be picking up tons of ap during the match and I want to see all the cascades you get between those two characters.  I am not sold on his yellow but I see some real potential here for cascades and his purple alone makes him a solid 4.  Try other characters and you might be pleasantly surprised get out of the current meta of tile spamming and countdowns.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    So let me get this straight you are playing the new Hulk with tile generators and you get upset when he destroys your tiles?  One of the points with him is to be a counter to R&G who everybody has been complaining about since they figured out how good that yellow power was.  This Hulk is supposed to keep the board clear between the tile switching at the start of each turn and the big hit at the start of the match.  Even the criticals help clear the board quicker.  A character will be bad when you pair him with people he should not be paired with.  I know the current meta is very heavy on tile generation and countdown tiles, maybe that is starting to change.  But try some other characters other than R&G, Gemora, Carol, Medusa. 

We have seen some good partners suggested above, frankly I want to try Agent Venom since I think he will be picking up tons of ap during the match and I want to see all the cascades you get between those two characters.  I am not sold on his yellow but I see some real potential here for cascades and his purple alone makes him a solid 4.  Try other characters and you might be pleasantly surprised get out of the current meta of tile spamming and countdowns.
    Right, but if you get a cascade out of Grand Entrance at the start of the game, you'd probably really like having those Grocket tiles out so you can down someone before the match even starts. Agree you would expect some of your own to get destroyed in that case. Guess that's a risk benefit everyone will have to work out on their own.
  • TPF Alexis
    Fooling around at lower levels with him against Seed Teams, he works really nicely with 1*/3* Storm. Add in a red/blue third who doesn't need special tiles (Riri comes to mind), and there's a whole lotta shakin' goin' on.
  • Rick_OShay
    edited November 2017
    So, best potential 4* partners? 
    Sure, he will play decently with Grocket & Gamora since they are missing an active yellow and purple power user. Mostly because of any cascades MEHulk gets you will benefit from the big strike tile damage. Nothing here helps build AP for Hulk though outside of lucky cascades, so the match may be over before you even fire a Hulk power. Problem or not?

I think he is another good candidate for Mockingbird since earning one of his expensive powers for 'free' would be very helpful. Unfortunately you would probably avoid using MB's purple in favor of building AP for Hulks? Maybe not?
    With these two you could bring any blue-green-black user to round out the colors: Vulture, Pun Max, TAHulk?

Otherwise maybe other heavy strike tile makers like Carol, Blade, etc.

I'm thinking Rogue would be good vs. a team that has a yellow-strongest color, so that you can siphon up to 12 more easily.

4Star-Lord makes a lot of sense, reducing the cost of Hulk's powers by 2, having random AP gen, and the benefit of SL's red hitting hard once Hulk's CD's are out. Again this leaves blue-green-black open for a partner; or just bring Grocket and forgo the black. 

EDIT: 3 matches in and I must say this team is fast and fun. Got to 10 yellow easily thanks to the reduced cost, and you certainly have 6 red by now to sucker punch somebody. Hulk's CD's hit the enemy team quite well with those boosted strikes. By the time there is one enemy left you hope to have the 12 purple (reduced from 14) and drop the bomb.
  • TPF Alexis
    jamesh said:

;)
    Has anyone verified that he actually helps against an enemy Rocket & Groot though?  Or does your Hulk destroy the tiles before the enemy R&G places his strikes?

I assume it still works for Hulk on defence.
    I just tried it out. Grocket spawned their Strikes first, and then Hulk shattered a handful of tiles, including one of the Strikes.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't like him. He's too inconsistent and I don't like inconsistent. Yeah, he could create a cascade at the beginning of the match and down an opponent with Grocket, or he could just destroy a bunch of your strike tiles. Yeah, he could create 5 crit tiles and down an opponent, or he could create 5 crit tiles and leave 4 on the board for your opponent to use against you. His yellow is a roll of the roulette wheel too.

In other words, Hulk could help you, or he could be a complete liability. I like characters I can count on. I rely on consistency from my characters to win consistently.