Oh goodie an event most player don't have the characters to play

0zfest
0zfest Posts: 60 Match Maker
what is with these events that are so character dependent ?
do the devs realize not all players can play much of this event and spend a week looking at it ?
at least put a way to finish for the less fortunate, granted not in a winning "points" way.
go ahead and stop me from posting ... kick me out for good but at least take these points into consideration and
I will be satisfied. Sorry to "kinda" dis the devs but c'mon at least consider the little people !

Comments

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Yeah I looked at it and said, yep another event I can't play.

I'm all for these new attempts to keep it fresh but seriously, level locking like this is getting old. The areas we want them to level lock (keep the big guns out of the lower tiers) they don't but this they do...
  • 0zfest
    there is a tier in there where you need the new hulk ... the only way i can see to even get this character right now is to play a level 6 hearts of darkness and place 50th or higher. the trick here is both events started at the same time. how do you acquire this character to even play this ?
    plus 7 day events are TOO LONG ! How many events are we to play at one time anyway ?
    Thanks Dotproduct
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Growth Industry was like a month long. You should actually want this "event" to be that if you need to use iso to level or acquire any of these characters.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    D3 knows who butters its bread.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    They only cater to 5 star rosters or whales. 
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    0zfest said:
    there is a tier in there where you need the new hulk ... the only way i can see to even get this character right now is to play a level 6 hearts of darkness and place 50th or higher. the trick here is both events started at the same time. how do you acquire this character to even play this ?
    plus 7 day events are TOO LONG ! How many events are we to play at one time anyway ?
    Thanks Dotproduct
    Can't tell if serious.

You get Hulk by playing through the event, as he's the award for bottom right node.

So Hearts of Darkness starts at same time as this event.  When does Hearts of Darkness end?  [Hint:  It ends about 3-4 days before the Training event does.]

Yes, it's a 7-day event that you can play at any time and only have to clear each node once.  So 7 days too long?  Finish it in 30 minutes.  Or space your play out in any other way you'd like. 
  • 0zfest
    Note to all dev/mpq defenders ... take a day off !
    the whole point of this post was to bring the attention to the fact not all or lower level players
    not having access to these new characters and the next to impossibility of obtaining one (can you picture a newer player seeing the first node in a level 1 event displaying 3 level 100 characters to  battle with his 1/2 star roster?)
    and "space out you play" does not equal placement in the points therefore no booty ... comprende ?
    why i had to explain this to an mpq expert like yourself is beyond my wheelhouse.(I don't claim to be smart cuz I ain't)
    Like i said take a day off !
    let's try to stay on topic here (hint a rebuttal isn't warranted or desired)

• Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    0zfest said:
    Note to all dev/mpq defenders ... take a day off !
    the whole point of this post was to bring the attention to the fact not all or lower level players
    not having access to these new characters and the next to impossibility of obtaining one (can you picture a newer player seeing the first node in a level 1 event displaying 3 level 100 characters to  battle with his 1/2 star roster?)
    and "space out you play" does not equal placement in the points therefore no booty ... comprende ?
    why i had to explain this to an mpq expert like yourself is beyond my wheelhouse.(I don't claim to be smart cuz I ain't)
    Like i said take a day off !
    let's try to stay on topic here (hint a rebuttal isn't warranted or desired)

Since you clearly have a handle on how the Training event works, perhaps you can detail for me how points are effected by playing on day 1, vs day 7, vs spread out over the entire period.  

But look, if your point was just to state that new players to a game don’t have all the toys available in the game immediately upon joining, then I am in complete agreement with you. Because, you know, that’s the exact operating mechanic of practically every content-based game throughout history.

These games operate by you acquiring new play mechanics over time through some combination of time, money, and effort. If you haven’t reached a particular point in the game where you cannot fully utilize a particular event or get to a particular reward, that’s not poor game design or an unknown condition you are pointing out to the development team. 
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    How is there no access to The Hulk (The Main Event)? He's featured in Hearts of Darkness tokens. There was even an in game news message that alerted players to his availability.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taganov said:
    D3 knows who butters its bread.

Well I don't have enough butter for this bread!