Does 5 star HfH really make sense?

Dartmaster01
Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor

So the new character event for Hulk features 5Starlord (the only 5 star I haven't had so far), which is fine, I'm not complaining. I was thinking of buying the one cover from HfH so I could compete in the event. What I noticed though, is that the store doesn't rotate to Starlord until three hours after my slice starts (when the last slice of the previous event ends). Does this make sense if they really want people to buy these? I only have two options a) don't have the 5 star and can't compete for placement or b) buy the 5 star 3 hours or later than the event starts and still can't compete for placement. If I can't buy the Starlord cover in time to compete then why would I buy it all? I thought they said this was the reason for having the 5 stars in HfH.

And I know if you have a 5 at 12 covers you should buy it then but that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into a problem with this or maybe I'm missing something.

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    This sounds like a glitch. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    With MPQ, often these little details get lost in execution.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your third option is bracket snipe and join after you buy the cover.   Unless you already joined.....

Anyway that’s what I recommend.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g24uo61ITTveZrUGx4ZY5nMoJp-n1NCxq5r4WMhAJU0/htmlview#gid=0
  • Dartmaster01
    I haven't checked to see if they overlap yet. I'm just going by the timer for IM. Hopefully I'm wrong and the 5s overlap in the store.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rotate? You know you can click on SL and purchase him while Iron Man is still on offer, right?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The decision to offer only 1 color of classics does not make sense. You want to sell those things or not, devs?

Better yet, copy the "target roster-needs" code and apply it to the 5* offered to each player. Now that would be salesmanship.

Offering me IM46 red, which I have already pulled 9 of, instead of blue, which I have 1 of, was just fail.
    They would have to rewrite their current target roster-needs code anyway since a version to drives sales of HfH would have to avoid giving you covers you don't need.
  • Dartmaster01
    edited November 2017
    They totally overlap. It just wasn't up yet yesterday. I guess that shows how much I've looked at HfH since they changed offers.
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Daiches said:
    Rotate? You know you can click on SL and purchase him while Iron Man is still on offer, right?
    You deserve a cookie. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    The decision to offer only 1 color of classics does not make sense. You want to sell those things or not, devs?

Better yet, copy the "target roster-needs" code and apply it to the 5* offered to each player. Now that would be salesmanship.

Offering me IM46 red, which I have already pulled 9 of, instead of blue, which I have 1 of, was just fail.
    My 5/5/2 Star Lord loves these ideas too.  He may not be top tier, but 13 covers is 13 covers.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, my 5* IM had 5 reds, and the store offered a red. Not really worth it...