Make your PvP predictions!

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So the developers are giving me a bit of whiplash with PvP formats. They're really unpredictable with this whole back and forth thing, making it hard to guess what could possibly come next. What do you think?

Make your PvP predictions! 70 votes

Win-based PvP is gone forever
5% 4 votes
Win-based PvP will return in another form
62% 44 votes
Next season they'll change their minds again and we'll be back to 40 wins
5% 4 votes
I really don't care what they do, just decide!
8% 6 votes
I'm rage-quitting
1% 1 vote
Whatever they do, it's sure to keep the forums interesting
5% 4 votes
This is a dumb poll, why do I click on this stuff?
10% 7 votes

Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The multi year vets and whales have spoken. wins are dead.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe at its core the win based system has merit but not at the 40 wins and not at the CP removeal. Also the 74 win SIM was insane.  Sitting at 2600 at 73 wins just didn't make sense. I do hope they come up with a system that will encourage more PVP players but to also understand that it is Plaver Verses "Player" and point lose is a real thing.  I do think that if you "wipe" or lose in the win system, just like in the point system, you would lose wins. 

As others told us that were against the 40 WIN pvp system in that form, you have to wait and see what they come up with. 
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    no option for a win/point system at the same time hybrid.  would make everyone happy.  also CP back in progress not placement
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PvP will be replaced by a new tournament called SHIELD boost. The object will be to collect (hint: buy) as many boosts as possible using Hero Coins and CP in a race to get your character as high a level as possible for fabulous prizes! But watch out! Other players may be able to put a snake in your grass by using "Anti-SHIELD" de-boosts (is that a word?) to knock you back down again (also available for purchase). The fun never ends as you travel up and down the leaderboard until you finally collapse in an exhausted heap screaming into the night.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really liked the win-based PvP system. I actually enjoyed doing PvP this time round, without the fear of getting smashed for 200 points at a time (I don't have masses of expendable HP to shield whenever I want). Win-based meant that I could play at my own pace. All I had to do was get to my target (16 wins for the CP) and that was that. But it seems the big money players have got their way, to the detriment of everyone else. Disappointing.
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    I believe at its core the win based system has merit but not at the 40 wins and not at the CP removeal. Also the 74 win SIM was insane.  Sitting at 2600 at 73 wins just didn't make sense. I do hope they come up with a system that will encourage more PVP players but to also understand that it is Plaver Verses "Player" and point lose is a real thing.  I do think that if you "wipe" or lose in the win system, just like in the point system, you would lose wins. 

As others told us that were against the 40 WIN pvp system in that form, you have to wait and see what they come up with. 
    The point loss wouldnt bother me if it was real pvp. Instead i have to leave my team in the less than capable hands of the AI. Losing points because the ai cant play properly sucks. Yeah the wins is a drah for fhe progression but kt helps some of us out because purely point based means my leaderboard place AND progression is screwed at the same time. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This point has been beaten to death, but here we go again: we don't mind wins-based, just 40 wins, and the removal of CP. Keep it at 40 wins, but give 15 CP at 40 wins with a re-shuffling of the lower rewards, I anticipate very few complaints. Keep it at 40 wins, but give CP to the t25/t50, still some complaints, but a lot of people will be happy. Lower the win count required, I anticipate everyone will be happy. 

BUT, they need to find a space in all of this that allows for them to gain revenue, so the solution definitely isn't going to be that simple. There will be some kind of catch, most likely one that divides the player base yet again. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This point has been beaten to death, but here we go again...
    This poll isn't about what should happen or what you'd like to see, It's not about what's right/wrong about either way of doing things, it's about the comical wishy-washy-ness of the developers.

I'm fascinated to see what PvP will look like after the upcoming season and if they'll change it up again.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My PvP prediction is I'll do simulator and 10 CP at most per event and spend more time on other games.  Also done spending.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All of this could have been avoided if they had just listened to people on the forums and tested out a hybrid system. Even if it was just in a mini season or one or two events. Vets are happy because they can play for points and shield hop, newer players are happy because they can do their wins and focus their hp more on building their rosters up. No people raging on the forums. Well, not so much anyway.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If the devs don't want a hybrid system in place, then one of the best suggestions I have seen was given by @aesthetocyst where in the rewards tiers move to progressively lower wins threshold as you go up SCL.

Please post it here again , because your original thread is buried somewhere invisible. One of THE most fantastic ideas posted. I tip my hat sir!

That system, along with a reasonable amount of win threshold and CP back in progression should make everyone happy, which is what the devs are aiming for as said in Brigby's post
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They expressed a high-level of confidence ... and then blinked. Ran back home to momma. Turtled right up.

And that's a shame, because there was a great opportunity to make WinCount palatable, while also overhauling SCLs. And then move on to separating ranking from the participation program.

Paradise not quite lost, but delayed indefinitely.

Must be some fun internal debates going on.

Will be fun to see the reward scheme when the PvP preview goes up later. Are all CP out of placement? Did they really yank all the CP out of placement in low CLs? Harsh if so. Gonna be deflating for newer players. Sure hope they push some explanation in game...
    Clearly there was some sort of player behavior in the previous season that was so undesirable that, unlike vaulting, they're totally unwilling to risk repeating while they come up with something better.

I wonder what that could have been...
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think they were on the right idea... "something" needs to change, and wins-based did help a lot of lower-tier players to make the progression.

I'm glad they listened to the community, but I'm sure we haven't heard the end of this matter.