Should Kate Bishop be rewarded?

2»

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Yes, she should be rewarded during Hearts of Darkness
    I wasn't planning on champing Kate in the next 2 weeks, but my personal preferences have nothing to do with the unfairness that the staff seems to extend to Kate Bishop. She's been skipped twice now in the Heroes For Hire rotation because [reasons], and not including her as the essential for this event makes NO sense. Where the heck did Punisher come from, and why? This isn't a boss event, and Punisher's connection to the Hearts of Darkness storyline doesn't mean you just plug him, XFW, or Daredevil into the essential slots as you see fit. 

They used to do this to 3-Cyke a lot. No valid reason for giving a character the shaft like this. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, I don't need her cover
    Im pretty sure they swapped her out for Big Pun because the Punisher on Netflix airs this Friday
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whether or not you need her cover shouldn't drive what the right thing to do is.  That's the kind of thinking that leads people to so many of the narrow minded complaints in the first place.
    I agree with this.  WAY too much of this on the forums.  The switch actually benefits me.  My Pun is champed and my Kate is not.  Which gives me a very big advantage for a new character release next event.  I am in a very lucky late bracket and am almost assured a top 2 finish in Unstable ISO 8 (for sure top 5) which would bring my 4/5/2 Kate to max-covered with one on the vine.  I have other iso needs so delaying champing her is great for me.

That said, I look ahead and utilize the previews/rotations to manage resources and plan my roster accordingly.  Removing her as a prize after people were expecting a Kate Bishop Blue is a REALLY bad look on their part.  I think it wouldn't kill them to say, "we screwed up, here's a free Kate for everyone", but I do not expect that level of goodwill because those types of gestures are just not high on their list of priorities.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Im pretty sure they swapped her out for Big Pun because the Punisher on Netflix airs this Friday
    But when has that ever meant, "let's make this person the next 4-star essential?" They do special-themed PVE/PVP events, but just straight up swapping them into the current PVE event has never happened in my memory. 
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Vhailorx said:
    brisashi said:
    Personally I don't feel it is that big of a deal

Someone can always set her as their BH or use the CP if they are desperate for the particular cover
    This comment seems wrong to me. 4* cover acquisition is still largely RNG.  So some people will want Kate covers and others will want Moonknight covers (consecutive releases in early 2016).  a 120 CP tax is a huge penalty to levy arbitrarily on those players who want Kate covers relative to those who want Moonknight.
    Moon knight just doesnt like me. One cover in 14 months lol
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Kate should be rewarded in Hearts of Darkness. This is coming from someone with already 5 blue in a level 70 Kate and a recently champed Punisher. It's just the right thing to do.
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Yes, she should be rewarded the PvE event after next

That said, I look ahead and utilize the previews/rotations to manage resources and plan my roster accordingly.  Removing her as a prize after people were expecting a Kate Bishop Blue is a REALLY bad look on their part.  I think it wouldn't kill them to say, "we screwed up, here's a free Kate for everyone", but I do not expect that level of goodwill because those types of gestures are just not high on their list of priorities.
    ^ This!  While yes, this change "hurts" me personally, I'll get over it.  The bigger issue is how often the devs change things around like this with little to no heads-up to their user base.  Depending on your personal situation, sometimes these changes help and sometimes they hurt, but the rules keep changing and you never know when the rug will get pulled out from under you.  This last minute switch to PunMax just happens to be a small example of a much larger, ongoing problem.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about they stop being so frugal with 4* covers and just award both covers for this particular PvE.  Would fix the issue of the order problem and add good will to player base.  They still treat 4* covers like they are sacred but there are so many of them now, they are similar to what 3* covers were a couple of years ago.  
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Undecided
    They should stick to their usual schedule and have had Kate as a progression reward. If they had wanted to use Punisher then he should have been the placement reward for unstable iso8.

Since players are pretty divided over which they would prefer, there are 2 ways I see that they could make it right/better for everyone.
    1)award them both at 33500 points or,
    2)after the event ends, send out Kates to everyone who earned a punisher. Similiar to what they did for everyone who fought Kaesilies on the borked Strange Sights run.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the other hand, if they'd kept Kate Bishop as the essential, we would have missed out on the suggestive artwork on the Hearts of Darkness cover store.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    But when has that ever meant, "let's make this person the next 4-star essential?" They do special-themed PVE/PVP events, but just straight up swapping them into the current PVE event has never happened in my memory. 
    Did you not notice the series of PVP events featuring Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Elektra when the Defender released on Netflix? I was surprised they didn't release Jessica Jones. There's hoping she will be added when season 2 comes out (or has Disney already canned all the marvel series on Netflix?) 
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    She should be awarded next PvE, I have zero problem with skipping for story considerations as long as it is caught up next event. Its the only right thing to do really. People count on the pattern.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, I can wait a few months
    Of course it's his Black cover, the one I don't need. I think Punisher has my most unbalanced cover draws of any of my four stars. I'm something like 10/2/2.
  • BigMike182
    BigMike182 Posts: 60 Match Maker
    And it's all about me.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    My 13/2/1 Kateniss says, "Keep those blue covers away from me."
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did anyone else notice the unfortunate placement of big pun and iron man in the token screen?
    Makes me laugh everytime 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did anyone else notice the unfortunate placement of big pun and iron man in the token screen?
    Makes me laugh everytime 
    Lmfao I just noticed it!