Should Kate Bishop be rewarded?

Options
Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
We recently discovered that Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) blue cover will not be the 4* progression reward in Hearts of Darkness and she is replaced by 4* Punisher. Due to her being replaced in the 4* progression pattern, she won't be rewarded again for a few months. Last time her progression was passed due to landing on a Boss Event.

Do you feel Kate Bishops blue cover should be rewarded sooner rather than later?

Brigby said:
Hi Everyone. Kate Bishop will unfortunately not be the featured character in Hearts of Darkness. Players usually would expect her, due to the placement reward for Unstable Iso-8, however in order to add The Punisher (MAX) as a featured character for this event, we had to break the usual pattern. We do not plan on adding her as a featured character in an event next week, however we will revisit her the net time she comes up in a few months.

Should Kate Bishop be rewarded? 114 votes

Yes, she should be rewarded the PvE event after next
49%
Spoitantreas1911sinnerjflLegallyUndeadkillercoolJonny1PunchCaptainFreakysnlf25BlackICVhailorxArctic_OnePunisher5784DFiPLhalirinprofessorplum9bycMaxxPowerzcooperbigdaddyPollozzmsp2211 56 votes
Yes, she should be rewarded during Hearts of Darkness
15%
TrilateralusDoc LSteellatchrdvargas1alphabetaDaredevil217JHawkIncevade420KGBtmdillsBoyWonder1914Bubba3210Bobby_LishezReecohcrackninjaLifeofAgonyWumpushunterdramatist 18 votes
No, I can wait a few months
12%
brisashiGuntherBlobelOzarkBoatswainWonko33TiggidafrachrthisoneOrionAlfje17Mjolnirmight2Jaedenkaalevariste_tacoMETT-T dependentLandale 14 votes
No, I don't need her cover
15%
CoppsWilsonFiskHadronicBowgentleDartmaster01NoobulatorsteakleatherJoritValekBossveneretioMeanderKrosswaywrethFokaiHIDyingLegendBrigadierbleuNotBAMFBigMike182 18 votes
Undecided
7%
rixmithLukoilkenshohmer2DeadsiderJarvindPants1000Beer40Kahmon 8 votes

Comments

• brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No, I can wait a few months
    Personally I don't feel it is that big of a deal

Someone can always set her as their BH or use the CP if they are desperate for the particular cover
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’m sure it’s frustrating for those that need Kate, but for every one of those there’s someone that needs this pun. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So that's weird, I typed up a short post about putting her in for Webbed Wonder (as placement for Hulk's featured event after HoD) and it being weird that their first solution was to put her back in months from now instead, then figured I should vote in the poll, scrolled up, voted, and it put my response under a different answer, and doesn't let me change it.

Why can't we change poll answers? I can't fix it, and there's no benefit to locking me into one choice, is there?

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Undecided
    I'e champed them both and enjoy playing with both. I' prefer announcements be correct to avoid these polls/posts, honestly.
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Even though in this particular situation it's not going to be a big deal to me one way or the other, as someone who has in the past looked at an events rewards and anticipated the character/color cover that will be awarded next (and planned accordingly) I feel for the people that got their hopes up.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only have 5 covers for her. I need moar!!
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have four of her covers in my queue and just need a blue to champ her.

Which yes should I pick?
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The reasoning for The punisher over Bishop is thin. They should have kept their order.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My punisher is two away from max and my Kate bishop is 10. I will accept the punisher cover with open arms
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Well kate isn't champed and punisher is so nice change for me. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,351 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is not a big issue for me personally. However, it seems a small thing to rearrange the reward schedule to help players looking for her cover.  I don’t want to assume anything about the upcoming event schedule so I don’t think it needs to come immediately.  

And with some of the misfires and miscommunications recently, it would be a nice (free) giveback to the players.

One caveat is that it might be hard for planning, since the standard reward schedule means 4* placement followed by progression.  So you either reward her in placement again or make some other group of players mad when some other character gets shoved out of progression.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Or make Punisher the placement reward since he's only being awarded for progression this time.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    brisashi said:

Someone can always set her as their BH or use the CP if they are desperate for the particular cover

I hate when players suggest "make them your BH".. no its not that simple when you have 5 of one or two colors because chances are you're pulling that cover and just wasted a BH

Also, why should I spend CP when Kate should had been the reward to begin with.
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    This is so frustrating.  I have 3-4-5 Kate Bishop, so until this last minute change, I was looking forward to getting that 13th cover and champing her.  But now, since I have a 5-1-4 PunMax, that Black cover is just 1000 ISO to me.  :( 

No amount of "just set Kate as your bonus hero" (or even, "just set PunMax as your bonus hero") platitudes are going to offset this letdown.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, because then people will complain about the next character that will be replaced by her.

There are always people who need any cover, only fair thing is to skip completely.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    brisashi said:

This comment seems wrong to me. 4* cover acquisition is still largely RNG.  So some people will want Kate covers and others will want Moonknight covers (consecutive releases in early 2016).  a 120 CP tax is a huge penalty to levy arbitrarily on those players who want Kate covers relative to those who want Moonknight.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    No, because then people will complain about the next character that will be replaced by her.

There are always people who need any cover, only fair thing is to skip completely.

They could give out Punisher MAX for placement and then Kate for progression. Probably the second best way to handle it. The best way would obviously have been to plan ahead and not make Kate a placement Award at this time.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

I would gladly sacrifice the future event rewarding Elektra if they re-insert Katie now.  
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Undecided
    I picked undecided because I don't really care. It's just champ levels for me. Then again, for someone who needed the Kate cover, I could see it being annoying.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whether or not you need her cover shouldn't drive what the right thing to do is.  That's the kind of thinking that leads people to so many of the narrow minded complaints in the first place.