Weeks of my progress lost and D3go doesn't seem to care!

2»

Comments

• Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    I’m now in a similar boat.  Lost all play from yesterday, my Facebook sync is not working, and one of my two devices is now in the tutorial after resyncing

emailed support.  
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    This has happened to me multiple times.  I filed a ticket the first time and was told (paraphrasing) "Suck it up, butterfly".  As far as I can tell, it has to do with the fact that I play on multiple devices.  I have a tablet on my desk at work, another at home, and my phone for when I'm out and about.  What seems to happen (very rarely) is that I play on one device, clear some subs, open a bunch of packs, champion chars, spend saved resources, etc...  Then let the device sit (in a futile hope that it syncs with the server and saves my progress).  An hour or 4 later, I'll be elsewhere and start the app up on a different device and it seems like that device, instead of contacting the server and getting my game state from there, will instead say "here's the game state I was last in, this is now the true game state" which wipes out all the progress I made.

The odd part is when that happens, I lose all the levels I added to chars, any pulls I made (but I do get the CP/HP/ISO back), and new toons I rostered, any purchases I made (which is one reason I stopped buying as much), and any progress rewards I gained on sub-event nodes... HOWEVER, the sub and event's themselves retain my score.  SO I can clear all the subs again to get the rewards (it's not double dipping because they were all taken away when it reset) except they already are scoring like they've been hit 4 times (even though all 6 rewards are available), so I can't really compete for any sort of placement because I have to double-grind the nodes which leads to lower overall score.

Now this happens about once every 3-4 months, whereas I switch devices daily, usually multiple times a day.  So when it does happen, I just scream impotently into the void and start over.  The other option is for me to give up a week's worth of play arguing with or desperately hoping for a response from Customer Service in order to get back the several-hours-or-a-day that I lost, and that's just bad math.  It's better to cut my losses and move on than deal with it.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi @turul. Sorry for the lack of response. There has been a lot going on lately, so I unfortunately haven't had time to go through my Inbox like I normally would.

I spoke with Customer Support, and they should be reaching out to you soon for proper accreditation of the content you lost out on during the reversion. (I made sure to manually check each character too. Boy, you have a large roster...)
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi @turul. Sorry for the lack of response. There has been a lot going on lately, so I unfortunately haven't had time to go through my Inbox like I normally would.

I spoke with Customer Support, and they should be reaching out to you soon for proper accreditation of the content you lost out on during the reversion. (I made sure to manually check each character too. Boy, you have a large roster...)
    Thank you @Brigby!

I just recieived my compensation about a hour ago!
    I recieved all the covers & currencies I have lost, as far as I can tell. I really appriciate your & your collegues effort!

To reflect to some players also having similar issues in this topic:
    I played from a single device. I suspect the issue was risen from Daylight time changing but I maybe wrong.

• Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Per my earlier post above, D3/Demiurge just returned all lost rewards to me. 

So if you have an issue, submit a ticket. It may take a week to get resolved, but they will fix the situation. 

Thanks, D3!