The reasons why we Hoard

2»

Comments

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    To put it simply, players often get screwed when we open tokens.  Most of the times it's just minor things, but sometimes it's more.

I started hoarding once I realized I couldn't stand to sell 3* (originally) or 4* (currently) when I didn't have the hero points to buy roster slots.  Then it was to control my iso better.  Screwing up my MMR.  Etc.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi @Brigby

Maybe you could pass this along to the developers so they understand the multiple ways why players hoard. No more confusion or misunderstanding. Every player has their own reason but it's to our own benefit.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I may be late to this discussion, but chalk up one more to avoiding wasting covers. That's probably the chief reason for me, but tied vey closely to that is lack of ISO.

I've got several 4*s covered, but not champed. That makes pulling a risky proposition, as I might end up with a plethora of covers for characters I have no means to champ, thus those covers become useless. Better to wait until the characters are champed or I at least have enough ISO on hand to champ if I need to. 

Earlier, when I was building my 3* (and even 4*) roster, it was lack of HP. Sure, I could pull a bunch of tokens, but if I pulled a bunch of new characters and lacked the HP to open roster slots for them, those covers were useless.

So again, the root cause or reason for hoarding was to avoid wasting covers, manifested through lack of resources, which (for me, at least) have differed at various points of development. 

Ideally, I wouldn't hoard, and I don't plan to once I get closer to completing the 4* tier. But realistically, that's still the better part of a year away from happening, especially as the 4* tier continues expanding. 

And that's not even taking into account maybe trying to get into the 5* tier. 

We desperately need more double ISO events, at least once a quarter. Another thought I had once upon a time was that all off season events could be double ISO. There's only about 3.5 days between seasons, so often enough we would have something to look forward to and could give us a small boost, but not so long that it breaks the bank, at least I wouldn't think. But, I don't have access to their numbers, so really have no way of knowing for sure. 
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    The iso struggle is real, y'all.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    With the 4 week boost to new 5*s it only ever makes sense to open a hoard the first day a new character enters the latest pool.  So instead of slowly covering a character over the what? 18 weeks? they are in the latest pool you save and try to cover someone day 1. You'll cover the new character and the two older ones and then you start saving again.  Once that character leaves you do it again so that you can have a 5* champ on launch day 3 or 4 times/year.

It's crazy that the devs have been open about their dislike for hoarding and yet they seem to encourage it at nearly every opportunity.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    With the 4 week boost to new 5*s it only ever makes sense to open a hoard the first day a new character enters the latest pool.
    Except you might kinda like the most recent couple of 5*s and not be sure about the one that's been hanging around the longest (in some cases that'll be part of the reason behind the hoard - not wanting to waste it on a 5* you don't particularly want). You have to wait until details of the next 5* are available to know whether you want that one or the old one to be available when you pull.

To some extent it depends on how fast you gather resources. If you're building it up fast enough to have a decent hoard for every third 5*, then fair enough. But for a lot of people if they want a good chance of fully covering all three available Latests, they're not going to be dumping the hoard that frequently.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Richyyy said:
    With the 4 week boost to new 5*s it only ever makes sense to open a hoard the first day a new character enters the latest pool.
    Except you might kinda like the most recent couple of 5*s and not be sure about the one that's been hanging around the longest (in some cases that'll be part of the reason behind the hoard - not wanting to waste it on a 5* you don't particularly want). You have to wait until details of the next 5* are available to know whether you want that one or the old one to be available when you pull.

To some extent it depends on how fast you gather resources. If you're building it up fast enough to have a decent hoard for every third 5*, then fair enough. But for a lot of people if they want a good chance of fully covering all three available Latests, they're not going to be dumping the hoard that frequently.
    Sure.  The most competitive players can keep up, but if not you might open every 4th, 5th, 6th or whatever.