During the last meeting of my roster...

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
As usual, the heroes of my roster meet at the SHIELD base and have gathered around a large circular meeting table...

"Okay everyone, let's get started," Nick Fury says, standing before everyone. "A lot has happened since the last time we met. With the new changes we'll be needing to grind out a lot more fights, and I expect everyone to step up. But the biggest change is that after years of waiting, our agent has finally champed me! Now I will be able to join you all out in the field."

"Yeah right," Miles Morales doesn't sound convinced, "Like when he champed me and promised all sorts of action? Yet here I am, still on the bench."

"Things will be different with me," Nick Fury assures Miles in a stern tone.

"I dunno, Fury..." Wolverine chews on a stinky cigar, "You're getting pretty old, bub. You ain't in the top tier like you used to be."

Fury gives Logan a disapproving scowl, "I was re-balanced."

"Get real," Rocket Raccoon snorts and indicates himself with a gesturing thumb, "You really think our agent is gonna choose you over us?!?"

"I am Groot," Baby Groot chirps from his perch on Rocket's shoulder.

"You're right," Rocket chortles at his diminutive friend, "He is silly."

"I could use a re-balance," the Vision hovers, light as air, above his chair.

"Me too," the Thing folds his massive rocky arms across his chest, "My powers are crummy."

Spider-Man hangs upside down, in his classic red and blues, from a strand of webbing attached to the ceiling, "A re-balance really does do the trick. I used to be so ashamed of my weak powers that I had to wear a bag over my head. But look at me now!"

The doors to the meeting room suddenly open and reveal a trio mutants - Gambit, Rogue, and Nightcrawler. "Y'all are getting a little ahead of yourselves, hm?" Rogue smiles confidently, "We can take it from here."

"Whoa, check it out," Nova points, "Some new X-Men."

"Mon cheri is right," Gambit cups his hands to light a diminutive cigarette clutched between his lips, "Ain't no one who can stand against the Rajun Cajun."

"Um," Captain America lifts a finger, "There's no smoking in here."

Spider-man glances towards Cap, "You're kidding, right? Logan's always stinking the place up with his cigars."

Wolverine pops his middle claw with an audible *snikt* and displays it towards Spider-Man, "Get tinykitty'd, web-head."

Iceman peers towards the newcomers, "It's about time you guys showed up. Hey Gambit, is it true you only have one color?"

Nightcrawler disappears with a pop of brimstone and reappears standing on the middle of the table, "It's true, our Cajun friend is what you call a 'battery'. He can provide purple as well as red. With him at my side I will dazzle our enemies with death-defying swashbuckler moves."

Tony Stark pours himself a drink, "Guess who just became obsolete."

The Scarlet Witch aims an icy look of jealousy towards Gambit.

Nick Fury finally tries to regain control of the meeting, "Everyone needs to relax. With forty wins needed in the Versus arena everyone's going to get their chance to battle."

Amadeus Cho chokes on his hot dog, "Forty wins?!?"

Kate Bishop shoots forward in her chair, "Are you crazy, Nick?"

"Cripes," the Thing looks around at everyone, "We're gonna need a few more re-balances."

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Where's Gwenpool making Rogue jealous? 
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Thanos smiles.  40 wins means a lot of Court Deaths...
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    They should hire you to do the in game dialog
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    AdamMagus said:
    They should hire you to do the in game dialog
    There's a story?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Real nice, Dormammu!

Meanwhile, Invisible Woman stayed silent and invisible, cloistered in a cocoon near the fortified Mr. Fantastic.
  • Dormammu
    I think it would be extremely difficult to write the PvE dialog with nothing more than the same static talking heads they use. No matter what they're saying they all have the same facial expression every time. It works for people with masks, like Iron Man and Spider-Man, and I think their personalities shine through - but for the rest of the characters (especially Wolverine and Sentry) their faces always look like they're struggling to poop. 
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Love this! I think it'd be brilliant to just use this thread to put out our own dialogues between characters!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somebody needs to give Sentry a hug, maybe then that poor guy will stop his self-harming.
  • roderic1
    roderic1 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    These are always very enjoyable to read.  Just curious, do you picture MCU actors in your head or characters and voices from games like Ultimate Alliance?
  • Dormammu
    roderic1 said:
    Just curious, do you picture MCU actors in your head or characters and voices from games like Ultimate Alliance?
    That's a great question.  :) I never thought about it, but you made me think. It's a mixture of MCU actors, video game voices, and my own imagination. For example:

Rocket: MCU version, so Bradley Cooper (my only real exposure to the character)
    Wolverine: Ultimate Alliance voice actor (perfect voice for him)
    Spider-Man: I have a voice in my head from reading thousands of his comics as a kid