Please maintain Latest cover swaps until 6th-of-colors has been addressed

Options
Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Customer Service for continuing to honor cover swaps for Latest Legends tokens.  Today I will be trading in my 8th Spidey green to get him to 13 covers, placing him in stark contrast to my naughty 1/5/5 Moon Knight and emerging problematic 1/5/5 Rogue.

This band-aid measure is a vital service to enable a transition to a 5*-centered roster.  I mentally kick myself every day for not making use of it on my 5* Hawkeye when I had the opportunity.  I didn't want to "be a bother", so I sold off two blue covers while he was still in Latest, figuring I'd get it covered easily enough before he left without having to bother an employee.  Three more blues later and I've waved mournfully goodbye to three 5* champ levels, with no reasonable hope of ever even finishing the character.

Every time I have used this service, it is stressed that this is a "limited time only service".  I sincerely hope that it is maintained in perpetuity, at least until the 6th color problem has been both addressed and well tested within the game.  There are a lot of ways it could be done, but if the plug is prematurely pulled on this program, players will be practically powerless to pursue progression.

Comments

• alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whenever a new character enters the Latest Legends, I imagine CS is inundated with dozens of requests for swaps (I was blessed with the mis-fortune of pulling 9 green DareDevil covers).

My hope is colorless 5* covers replace the need for swaps.

If they can code in colorless covers for LTs, it will reduce the workload on CS on performing swaps, maybe allowing them to focus on detecting cheaters with higher accuracy.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems crazy that they don't make this an ingame function, get to 5 covers in a particular colour and they become colourless, no impact on whales since they already get this from LL and much improved experience for everyone else.

With championing, you need 113 covers in total to max a character and (at most) there are 8 of those where the colour matters, it seems like a needless restriction that is no longer relevant since they introduced champions.
  • General_Tojo
    General_Tojo Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is this still available? I'm on 5 purple DD covers and 5 green Thor covers, but want to pull more...