My MPQ life has changed (for the way better)

It started with the changes in scaling in PVE.  I had a lvl 300 Green Goblin at 5/4/1.  At the time, I did a mix of PVP and PVE, completing as far as I wanted in both, never excelling in either but happy with my progression.  I wanted to slice up some fools with my lvl 5 Goblin Glider, but I also didn't want to wreck my scaling in PVP or PVE.  Then, they changed the scaling rules in PVE.  Boom, brought Goblin up to 405.  Lovin' life.  Somewhere in between all of this, they released 5* Spiderman.  Got 2 covers when he was first released and thought he'd be great.  I made the decision then to start the hoard.  

So...time passes.  Been playing SCL 9 in PVE since it was released.  As I stated before, played as far as I wanted, never truly competed, usually finished top 300.  Then, they start making changes that appear to discourage hoarding, as most people on the forum and myself saw it.  Then, they announce the XP distribution change.  At that point I had 105 LTs and 1775 CP.  It wasn't quite time yet for when I wanted to empty the hoard, but, I thought, might as well get the XP from the token pulls while I can.  Also, recently, Gambit was released, I heard all about God Mode Gambit and how crazy he was.  My target was Spidey, but I figured, hey, maybe I'll get a decent number of 5* Gambits too.

Well, I did.  14 Covers for Gambit.  4/4/6 distribution (thank you RNGesus).  Had 800K Iso, so boom, champed him immediately.  Then, he was boosted in Strange Sights and.....oh.my.goodness.  5* Gambit is absolutely freaking amazing.  I finished top 50 for the first time in a PVE Event.  Now, I want nothing to do with any other tier besides 5*.  I got Spidey up to 12 covers with my hoard pulls (3/4/5).  Hopefully I can squeak out another blue or green cover before Monday.  

So, my takeaways from MPQ since July:  5*s are amazing.  5* Gambit is triple amazing.  Though the devs appear to be discouraging hoarding:  DO IT IF YOU HAVE THE DISCIPLINE.  And, I will be using 5* Gambit in more than 10% of my matches.  Guaranteed.  Nerf bat?  Stay away please.  Day 1282 and this game STILL keeps me excited, engaged, and continues to make me evolve my current strategy.

Until I get a couple more champed 5*s, I don't think I'll be doing PVP very much (last season already dropped my PVP participation down a lot, first time since season 4? that I did not reach at least the Heroic 10 pack in the VS. season), but, then again, I've started to enjoy PVE much more, and it's only looking "Aces and Eights" going forward.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    A maxchamped Gambit is an excellent deterrent in PvP, so I don't Think there's any harm in trying it out a bit at least. I know I am staying away from Gambit teams until I open my hoard. I hope to be able to do so Before Daredevil rotates out, he seems to be excellent too, but perhaps not an ideal partner for Gambit.