Gambit on opposing team bug

tac13
tac13 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
Gambit’s powers specifically list a drawback - he locks his team from firing red and purple powers. 

Except that when he’s on the opposing (AI) team, he doesn’t. As in, power with purpose every other turn, without a purple match (or gamma siphon, or countdown for what... basically pick your purple/red power).

You REALLY need to get this fixed. The gambit/blade4/mordo is a defensive juggernaut in a balance event because of this. 

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably you saw a Gambit with a 0/0/5 build. He only blocks his teammates from firing active powers that overlap with his own active powers (in this case, none).

Not a bug per se, but pretty undesirable (for everyone who isn't using it themselves, I suppose) and made obviously worse in Balance of Power where he gets to be level 550 with only 5 covers.
  • tac13
    Nope. This was a 4/4/5, and not the first time I’ve seen this. Also saw it with a champion Gambit outside of the current event. 

Thought of that already, didn’t post until I was sure. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Interesting. Best evidence here would be a screenshot.
  • tac13
    With due respect, I don’t think you’re the one I’d have to prove this to, and a dev has a lot more power to make this situation happen in testing than I do in the game. 

If I come across another, I’ll post a screenshot - but it’s not a fight I’m going to spend resources digging for. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Sorry, that's what I mean; you absolutely don't have to prove it to me, but screenshots are an excellent way to convey to the D3 and Demiurge employees that do read these threads that you're reporting a real bug, and aren't simply misunderstanding an intentional game mechanic or interaction.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    @tac13 in addition to posting here, you should report this to customer support as well.  They do also appreciate a screenshot, and I think it gets into a devs hands faster when they can look at something and agree "yeah, that shouldn't be happening".
  • tac13
    That makes more sense, and I did just come across another team. I’ll throw a junk group at them and get some shots.