Unstable Iso 8 Scoring Bug

@Brigby or @Dayv

I joined 1.7 for Iso8 this afternoon and completed my 4 clears for a sub score of 10948. All of those finishing behind me also have the same score So it's tied to the CL level. 

But I noticed a number of my alliance mates who had cleared earlier have a score of 11248. I confirmed they are in CL9 and also have only completed 4/6 clears. 

So is this a bug of points or a missing node? Or did they add additional points to CL9 and no one mentioned there would be a new differential? 

CL7-9 All have the 5* node so point totals should be the same across the 3 but it appears those of us in 7 are being shorted.

I triple checked all my nodes for 4 clears and it's definitely in the sub, not the main node. 

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also have 10948 for the Sub in 3.7, just for another data point. I don't think anyone in my current Alliance is playing SCL 8 or 9, tho, so I can't make a comparison there.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I️ haven’t heard anything about this yet.  Maybe someone in two CLs could compare node count and starting values?  I️ haven’t started the event yet. 
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Update: Confirmed different pts in CL8 as well  

4 clears:
    CL7:10948
    CL8: 11068 (+120 from 7)
    CL9: 11248 (+300 from 7). 

Appears to be intentional for it to be different in all 3. 

Will need D3/Demi to chime in. 

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe trying to slip changes to scoring under the radar? Very suspicious if I may...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:
    Maybe trying to slip changes to scoring under the radar? Very suspicious if I may...
    It's not suspicous, it's the usual Demiurge MO.

Expect them to either come out with news after the weekend or claim that it's a bug (then roll out the change two PVEs later).

We've been there with most changes in the game, about 75% of them go live by accident earlier than planned.
  • bowla33
    Sub2 update. Point spread growing:

4 clear totals:
    CL7: 16949
    CL8: 17129 (+180 from CL7)
    CL9: 17397 (+448 from CL7)

CL9 is going to have a huge inherent advantage in final scores.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would be a big motivator to not drop down if intentional and maintained.  For me at least.  Wouldn't be enough to move me into SCL9, but from 7 to 8.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    bowla33 said:
    Sub2 update. Point spread growing:

4 clear totals:
    CL7: 16949
    CL8: 17129 (+180 from CL7)
    CL9: 17397 (+448 from CL7)

CL9 is going to have a huge inherent advantage in final scores.
    You can mark it down that sub 3 will be +240 and +600 (or maybe 599 since looks like some decimal shenanigans).

Sub 2 is always 1.5x sub 1, sub 3 is 2x sub 1 (or 4/3x sub 2)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I just spoke with the development team, and it appears that there are some changes to the 5-Star Essential Missions in Unstable Iso-8.

Starting in this event, the amount of points a 5-Star Essential mission has will be different for each S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level that mission exists in. 5-Star Essential missions will always be worth more than the 4-Star Essential mission, but it will be worth more points in higher S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels.

In addition, Starting in Hearts of Darkness this Thursday, the difficulty of the 5-Star Essential mission in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 7 will be reduced (starting at level 185 enemies instead of 255) and that mission will also be worth much less points.

Rewards are not impacted by these changes.

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I just spoke with the development team, and it appears that there are some changes to the 5-Star Essential Missions in Unstable Iso-8.

Starting in this event, the amount of points a 5-Star Essential mission has will be different for each S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level that mission exists in. 5-Star Essential missions will always be worth more than the 4-Star Essential mission, but it will be worth more points in higher S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels.

In addition, Starting in Hearts of Darkness this Thursday, the difficulty of the 5-Star Essential mission in S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 7 will be reduced (starting at level 185 enemies instead of 255) and that mission will also be worth much less points.

@Brigby how appropriate is it to change the rules of the game before the match starts without the participants being aware of it and then half way through when questioned admitting you can now only score a touchdown if you are riding a unicycle?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Wow.  Not even in General Chat for all to see.  Here in the bug thread. People need to know. 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:

Wouldn't it be good for this information to be released BEFORE people chose their SCL for this PVE? This feels... wildly out of step to me.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could pretend to be surprised by that rollout, but I just can't be bothered anymore.
    4 years. 3 community managers. Same old, same old.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Does this mean 4x clearing all nodes in SCL 7 will no longer yield progression rewards and requires 5x clearing everything again?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    @Brigby
    Can we get a WHY this was done? And a WHY this was not mentioned anywhere?
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    is "we took down the PvP peeps, time to target the PvE crowd" time?

L M A O
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    *ahem*. “Why are all these 5* players taking our rewards in SCL7?  It isn’t fair.  I can’t compete with those rosters.”  

A possible attempt at alleviation?  Just a thought, half-formed.
  • bowla33
    bluewolf said:
    *ahem*. “Why are all these 5* players taking our rewards in SCL7?  It isn’t fair.  I can’t compete with those rosters.”  

Because my 5* IM46 has 1 cover and there is no way I can beat the 5* node at 515 scaling.

That is true for a lot of 5* players - not all of us have every 5 covered and champed thanks to RNG.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:

Unless any of those 5* players is in a top PvE alliance they don't give a **** about his overall points compared to his alliance mates so it changes nothing if you can score the same or better versus the people in your bracket.
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    bowla33 said:
    bluewolf said:

Because my 5* IM46 has 1 cover and there is no way I can beat the 5* node at 515 scaling.

That is true for a lot of 5* players - not all of us have every 5 covered and champed thanks to RNG.
    As someone with 300 days played and a dozen 4* champs and no 5* leveled, this hurts me too. I play in a competitive alliance and now I am hurting their chances at t100placement, especially during new release events.

No one complains about lower clearances needing 4* heroes even though it’s  very unlikely a new player would have any, because no one drops down to rob noobs. Solve the issue by making SC8 and 9more lucrative, not by making SC 7 worse.