Can we keep the hour change?

TheDobot
TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
Didn't the time of nodes ending change with day light savings time in the past?

Personally, I didn't mind at all seeing the hour roll back.  Anyone else feel this way?  

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Negative.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I liked it better rolled back as well.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Just to note my work schedule killed me and would permanently kill me with the earlier hour. It would hurt just as many as it would help.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Once, 6-12 months ago, there was a survey that asked about preferred end times.  I wondered if some changes might be in store. Keep the dream alive!

I would prefer adding another slice to shifting slices back an hour, though.  I can’t do slice 1 an hour earlier.

I suspect that they can’t add more slices without over-fragmenting the competitive players.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like the Lightning Rounds are still an hour behind??
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Keep the times exactly as they were.  Last node ends at 2am for PVE and 3 am for PVP.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Better yet, let's get away from time slices all together.  

For PvE this shouldn't be that hard.  Everyone get's a 24 hour window to join.  Their join time ends up being their 'slice time'.  They are grouped with 1000 other randos (ideally with some smart mixing to ensure people who try to snipe are grouped with 900+ people that played correctly) and speed and points determine winner (like they do today).

For PvP same deal, the hard part about PvP is knowing where you stand in placement and how far to grind is far more important there.  Though the same concept could probably apply just without the smart matching and still allowiing sniping.

#LetUsPlayWhenWEwant
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like the Lightning Rounds are still an hour behind??

Get used to it. Lightning rounds don't observe DST for some reason, so for me they start at even hours in the Winter and odd hours in the summer...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the team today, and future runs of Lightning Rounds will be starting at the normal time of 1pm EST (11/28)