Just pulled from origins premium pack

And all i got were a bunch of dupe commons and uncommons and the only rare i got was the guaranteed rare which was a dupe as well. 25 cards nothing higher than uncommon. 5 premium pack from origins pulls i made that this has happened. Such bad luck. No more pulling from me from that set.

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor

100% of the playerbase has been burned by lousy drop rates and high dupe counts.  I think it will be this game's undoing as they will never be able to retain new players if they're unable to build a library.

• ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Is why i believe they are pursuing crafting.  Then they can continue with abysmal drop rates but offer a way out that has some additional cost associated with it.  
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    I had the same thing happen with HOU and AKH packs. It has nothing to do with the set. At least if I'm getting dupe rares I feel like I'm getting SOMETHING. Getting a single rare in a pack is really frustrating. I try not to complain too much about the game but drop rates are one of those things that need to be looked at. Hopefully Booster Crafting will at least put some worth to all the dupes if they can't/won't adjust drop rates. 

//Remove Profanity -Brigby
  • asm0deus
    asm0deus Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I just seem to get this kind of luck with the origins set. Which is why i decided to post it. 5 premium packs in a row and all the same results. With other sets i get a mythic or atleast 2 or more rares which are not the guaranteed ones. Just wanted to vent out a bit. Still hoping for nyx or hixus which is why i pull from that set. But with this kind of luck i guess i have to stop for a while.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    asm0deus said:
    I just seem to get this kind of luck with the origins set. Which is why i decided to post it. 5 premium packs in a row and all the same results. With other sets i get a mythic or atleast 2 or more rares which are not the guaranteed ones. Just wanted to vent out a bit. Still hoping for nyx or hixus which is why i pull from that set. But with this kind of luck i guess i have to stop for a while.

Interestingly enough, this is documented behavior. People who win early in their gambling career are more likely to think they deserve to win, and more susceptible to gambling problems later. 
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    The randomness of this game has always been pretty funny. I just picked up a pp of hou. Every pack had 2 copies of something in it. Only thing higher than an uncommon was the guaranteed rare. It was a dupe. I have some opinions on drop rates, but they're really not important. I either have the worst luck ever with the current set, or something is weird. I have 4 mythics from the set. I play a lot. I have a ton of cards. I have 4x as many akh mythics. Even taking the 2 I payed for out of the equation, that seems weird. I know that packs were bugged for a while, and I could just suck at opening packs. I'm just curious about other experiences
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    asm0deus said:
    And all i got were a bunch of dupe commons and uncommons and the only rare i got was the guaranteed rare which was a dupe as well. 25 cards nothing higher than uncommon. 5 premium pack from origins pulls i made that this has happened. Such bad luck. No more pulling from me from that set.
    Just curious... but do you have all the commons and uncommons in Origins already? Because if you do... buying a premium pack is a horrible cost for what you get.  Which will be diddly squat. I have all the commons and uncommons in Origins but very few rares and even less mythics. Like two of them to be precise.  I wouldn't dare think to buy a pack.