Are some event timers incorrect?

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't know if this is a holdover from DST or what, but I switched to Slice 4 with the time change. For EotS, all subs were ending at 10 p.m. Eastern after the time switch.

I started doing my final clear for the first sub of Strange Sights tonight, but then noticed the timer said there was 1 hour 50 minutes left instead of just 50 minutes. 

I haven't started Fist Bump yet either, and noticed that the end times are back to what they were before DST ended (i.e. Slice 1 ends at 8 a.m. Eastern instead of 7 a.m.)

Is this showing weird for anyone else? 

EDIT: Well, now I'm all confused. It looks like Sharp Dressed Slice 5 ends at 3 a.m. Saturday, First Bump ends 3 a.m. Sunday, BUT Simulator and the season will end 2 a.m. Sunday. Also, my Daily Resupply is coming at about 8:15 p.m. now instead of 9:15.

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    Well, looks like the sub actually will end at 11 p.m. instead of 10. This is seriously making me question my sanity. I'm almost confident EotS subs were ending at 10 p.m., but now I'm not so sure. 

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? 
  • DirtyDank
    DirtyDank Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Eots ended early for daylight savings, strange sights is back to the normal times
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    It depends on whether your area implements the DST or not. The EOTs was started before DST. All his start time and end time remain the same for non-DST area. Now, strange sights are started after DST, so for DST area, the time went back to normal. For nonDST area players, all events are shifted one hr later. Until, DST is over.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo said:
    IAlso, my Daily Resupply is coming at about 8:15 p.m. now instead of 9:15.
    You can immediately tell you are in Newfoundland by the unique time zone.  Cool.  
  • DarthDeVo
    edited November 2017
    Weird. I could've sworn during DST, events for Slice 4 were ending at 11 p.m., then shifted to 10 p.m. when it ended. Then in the spring, it went back to ending at 11.

That's part of the reason why I had shifted to Slice 1. It was ending at 7 a.m., which meant I could wake up early, do my final clear and get the grind for the new sub done before going to work. But with the time shift, it was going to be too early to do that, so it was back to Slice 4.

I know for a fact though my Daily Resupply was coming at about 9:10 p.m., but now comes an hour earlier. And doesn't explain why the season is ending one hour before Slice 5 of Fist Bump finishes. 
  • BlackWidower
    I liked it when during the DST transition when (for me), PVE started at 4 PM instead of 5 PM.  I wish it would have stayed so I would be able to finish my grind before people (with normal working hours) finish work.

In addition, DPD was at 5:00 AM, instead of 6:00 AM. 
    5 AM is my break time, so DPD was perfect at that time. 
    So now I have to wait until 7 AM to do it on my lunch.

Yeah, the daily re-supply time does shift with DST, but other things don't seem to.  I don't know why.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited November 2017
    DarthDeVo said:
    You can immediately tell you are in Newfoundland by the unique time zone.  Cool.  
    Nope, Daily Resupply is based on when you first start playing the game. It's actually at like 8:11 p.m. or something like that when I get it.

In North Carolina, for the record. (USA! USA! USA! :-P)
  • BlackWidower
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Nope, Daily Resupply is based on when you first start playing the game. It's actually at like 8:11 p.m. or something like that when I get it.

Oh, OK, that makes sense.  
    I always thought 6:45 pm / 7:45 pm was a weird time for something to drop. 
    It's weird that this doesn't just sync to something universal.

And LOL, that'll teach me for trying to be clever.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Yeah, I wish it would be when DDQ resets. That would be the start of the new "day" for everyone. Because the Resupply is also when my "day" begins, when my bonus rewards reset and when I can get Deadpool points again. So I have to wait until 8:11 p.m. for all of that. I'll never "win" a DDQ bracket. :lol:
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    To this day I wonder why I started playing this game 10 minutes past noon.
  • BlackWidower

Yeah, I wish it would be when DDQ resets. That would be the start of the new "day" for everyone. Because the Resupply is also when my "day" begins, when my bonus rewards reset and when I can get Deadpool points again. So I have to wait until 8:11 p.m. for all of that. I'll never "win" a DDQ bracket. :lol:
    Thanks for reminding me.  I didn't get my Deadpool points this morning so I must be at a million again or whatever the cap is.
    off to unleash some whales in PVP.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Does it matter if you get the Deadpool points early in the day? I use Deadpool everyday in The Big Enchilada to get more Deadpool points, and I get the points even though the resupply doesn't come in until several hours later.
  • DarthDeVo
    Quebbster said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Does it matter if you get the Deadpool points early in the day? I use Deadpool everyday in The Big Enchilada to get more Deadpool points, and I get the points even though the resupply doesn't come in until several hours later.
    No, I was just making the point that, for me, all of that resets at 8:11 p.m. I could use DP to get the points anytime from 8:11 p.m. tonight to 8:11 p.m. tomorrow. I just happen to do it in the Dat Required Character node. 

I suppose so could put all that off until 6 a.m., but I'm impatient sometimes. :tongue:
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Sharp Dressed slice 5 ended, but Fist Bump slice 5 had already started. I put that down to DST.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    Sharp Dressed slice 5 ended, but Fist Bump slice 5 had already started. I put that down to DST.

No, the Friday-Sunday Versus tournament just starts 12 hours Before the Wednesday-Friday Versus tournament ends since you can't fit Three two-and-a-half day events into a seven day week otherwise.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    To this day I wonder why I started playing this game 10 minutes past noon.
    Bathroom break at work.