Significantly slowed progression

zonatahunt
zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
Has anyone else felt a major slow-down to their progression once max-champing occurs?  With championing, my progression in the game increased dramatically.  All of my reactions to that were positive; I had more fun playing, matches got quicker, I found myself spending more on the game.  Sadly, almost 80% of my 3* are champion maxed, which means all the level awards that allowed me to progress more rapidly are once again only worth 500 ISO.  

So then here's my question, why can't they keep the level-max at 144, 266, 370, and 550, but instead of switching awards to a now worthless cover they keep cycling thru the last tier of awards earned?  This way I'd be able to maintain a well-earned rate of progression, the power levels of that tier have a ceiling, and my experience with the game would be more positive as opposed to my current state of frustration.  My spending has gone way gone mostly because of this predicament I'm in.  Am I the only one that dislikes this particular in-game situation?

Comments

• Killabee
    Killabee Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Well their are quite a few 4*s to attain. I skipped the whole get the 3*s before moving on to 4* and have no regrets. And eventually I went back to champing all my 3*. To be honest, between reframing 2* and trying to max champ my 3* and champing my 4* and collecting 5*, there hasn't been a time where there was nothing to do with my roster.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    The champ awards are heavily loaded at the back-end.  If they cycled the ending rewards the relative worth of those covers would skyrocket.  Getting thousands of Iso, an LT, and a 4* in perpetuity would require some rebalancing.

There's really not much reason anymore to maintain maxchamp 3*s unless, for some reason, you are reticent to play on the 4* or higher tier.  A boosted champ 4* blows maxchamp 3* out of the water every time.  A maxchamp 3* is nothing more than a crutch to lean on until your 4* roster guarantees you at least one boosted 4* per event.

I was wary of the loss in rewards, so I had intended to start buying up roster slots to make dupes of everyone.  Then I realized that my 4* game was getting a jumpstart from selling those maxchamp 3*, so I'm just starting them from scratch.  Even in the events where they're required, I haven't noticed any drop in performance.  The two boosted 4's do all the work and tank everything.  At most it costs a health pack if I get hit with an AoE.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Aes, I agree with you 100%.  My only issue is my OCD of selling a max-champed...anyone!  I'm a collector dang it.  I think I could only sell one after I have another max-champed.  I'm hosed!  Lol
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    What I have noticed is that the current events seem very lightly played.  I made top 200 in Wolvie event by playing 3 battles.