4* DDQ: X-23 vs Elektra

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
No sweat for lv280 5/3/5 Laura, thanks in part to getting three match-5s during the match, including a purple match-5 right at the start. Wore Elektra down until two consecutive Holding Backs downed her.

As usual, deny Elektra all her colours, especially Black and Red, because the former will be a danged nuisance, and the latter will steal your AP. The good thing is that X-23 can heal (if you have her red cover anyway)

LT waiting for Thor, although I'm tempted to try and get Gambit for Strange Sights...

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Super easy for L274 5/3/5.  Blocked black.  Fired her green when I had 10 red.  Fired her purple and on the next turn she sprung the trap.  I'm pretty sure X still had full HP.

Got a SL with the token.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Got it after three tries with my level 200 3/5/5 version (I'm still saving iso to champ her), with no boosts.  I got unlucky the first few times with Elektra overwriting my trap tile using her purple.  I could only deny red for so long, and once she cast Ballet of Death she'd start stealing all that AP I'd been denying her and the match would soon be over.

On the last shot, I got my purple trap tile out and she matched it right away.  It was pretty easy to down her after that.

The legendary token is waiting for Thor.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So, once Elektra fires Shadow Step, it never goes away?  She fired it once, and it wore me down from around 13000 health til I fell.  I couldn't Savage heal and shadow step never went away
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rocks52 said:
    So, once Elektra fires Shadow Step, it never goes away?  She fired it once, and it wore me down from around 13000 health til I fell.  I couldn't Savage heal and shadow step never went away
    She fired Shadow Step on me as well, but I got a small cascade on my next turn that used up all her trap tiles in one go. Elektra's power states, "She converts X basic black tiles into trap tiles. If Elektra would take damage, the damage is negated and a trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing X damage." The more covers she has, the more traps she creates, which do more damage. 

In a one-on-one match like this, your next several moves should have used up all her trap tiles, unless she kept casting Shadow Step to generate more trap tiles. I'm not sure how many this particular Elektra creates, but I think it looked like at least three were removed before I started doing damage again. 
  • rocks52
    Options
    I never saw her cast it again, and once she did, I was never able to damage her again, or heal myself
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No problem for my 5/5/3 Level 276 Laura. Finished first try, no boosts, with 13,595 health left. I got to 9 red AP pretty quickly, then fired a Holding Back right before Elektra cast Shadow Step.

She matched three black tiles right after that, so I don't know if that included any traps or not, but I got a mini cascade on my next turn which got rid of the remaining traps in one go.

I fired Tracking Prey and either the very next turn or the turn after, Elektra matched the trap and was down for the count. Even if she hadn't, I was gonna match green the next turn, which would have let me do Berserker Fury. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rocks52 said:
    I never saw her cast it again, and once she did, I was never able to damage her again, or heal myself
    She casts like 5.  So that's 5 turns unless you broke the traps or got a cascade.  Ultimately you want to block black before she fires it, denying black will also make it so there are less black available if she does fire it.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
      3/1/5 level 150 X-23.  Tried my best to deny black and red but she got off Shadow Step at least 3 times.  A cascade actually gave her a match 5 of red at one point :/ . Sometime during the first 8 moves I was able to set down Tracking Prey;  several moves later, after just launching her first and only Ballet of Death, she immediately matched my trap tile that instantly downed her :smiley:  No boosts at all on this one.
  • rocks52
    Options
    3rd try with a 5/3/5 lv 272 X-23.  2nd attempt she immediately falls into 2 black match cascade and then the board was littered with black tiles.  She fired Shadow Step 4 times, I was able to break through all 4 but she just had too much going and wore me down.  3rd try I was able to deny her black on a black starved board and won easily.

LT gave me blue Lockjaw bringing him to 1/4/0
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Without a decent X-23, this mission is an exercise in frustration. Shadow Step is the worst ability in the entire game for a solo fight like this without the ability to multi-clear tiles. Not to mention that the Ballet of Death tile will  consistently steal your black that you can't use to give her even more Shadow Steps.

I made a cascade of 5 matches, each with Savage Healing AND I DIED FROM IT.

That said, my X-23 is 5/1/2 so I expected a lot of pain going into this. It's just annoying though.

(Boosts got me through and gave me a 5* Gambit for my trouble. Sometimes the game is nice to me.)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    272 5/5/3 First try.

Just focused on Green and Red while denying black. She still got Black off, but they were gone in 2 turns. Launched green twice and killed her 2 turns after that.

Saving LT for Thor.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    172 5/3/2, first try, no boosts. Just saved up a bunch of AP, chewed through her traps, and fired Holding Back twice. (Ok once, and Berserker Fury once).

Token yielded an Ant-Man.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took me seven tries with my 152 3/1/3, this was quite a challenge. Denied red, then black. Ate a whole set of Shadow Step and was lucky that she matched away here own Balled of Death trap tile. 

It was immensely satisfying to finally defeat her.

Token to the hoard!
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/5/3 lvl 127 Unboosted first try. Starting to feel the ISO crunch a little bit so didn't ease this by levelling up. Denied Black/Red on a very red light board. Her Ballet and ShadowStep traps thankfully got matched before they downed me. She ate one of my traps before I rattled off 3 Holding Back/Furies after I got to 9 Red.

Spider-Gwen Purple to 4/1/3. That two turn stun will help out in her Crash.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    188, 4/2/3, got a pretty good board and managed it first time. She only managed to fire her black once, and I got a couple of cascades that cleared it out quickly enough. Fortunately got rid of the last one right before she matched my Tracking Prey trap. One more Berzerker Fury after that finished it.

Token is waiting for Thor.
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Won second try no boosts, L192 5/3/1

The first try, I tried to prevent Elektra gaining black for shadow step, but it all went in vain, the game decided to cascade drop 4x / 3x blacks, for her cast per turn.

Second try, Elektra got shadow step again, but game decided to turn the tides for me, when it decided to cascade drop red 3x, green x3, yellow x3 and green x4 on my turn to get rid of her shadow step completely, denying most of Elektra's colors and then later killed her with X-23's green Berserker Fury twice when for enough 9 red ap.

LT saved.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/5/3 lv.274.

Before champing x-23 I got alot of her greens, so I have a 2nd one at 5/0/0 that I gave a shot first. It went as expected for a level 70.

Champed one I didn't worry about since I beat this last time with a 5/1/1 level 152ish. Got off a couple attacks snd had her down to 300ish before she shadow stepped a couple times. With all my heals I was still at nearly full health so I just waited it out before finishing her off.

Token to the hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

2 fails so far for my 5/3/1 X-23. Just horrible boards where there was only one available match for me (usually blue or yellow) which then created a purple match for Elektra

Do people think its worth collecting enough red before triggering green or its better to not create strike tiles since Elektra will possibly steal them?

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try with the LVL 284 5/5/3 X-23.  I didn't even worry about her matching black, figuring that I would be able to heal up the damage caused by the Shadow Step tiles; she healed 1621 damage per match.  I denied Red at all costs, though, as I like my AP.  A Holding Back followed by a Berzerker Fury did the trick.  Token to the hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

2 fails so far for my 5/3/1 X-23. Just horrible boards where there was only one available match for me (usually blue or yellow) which then created a purple match for Elektra

Do people think its worth collecting enough red before triggering green or its better to not create strike tiles since Elektra will possibly steal them?

Doesn’t matter! Cruised to victory on my third go