aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.

Comments

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    1 Year ago : - Most important to least
    1) PvE - I was good at it a and if you were good at it, it were gauranteed prizes
    2) DDQ - Good trickle of resources
    3) PvP - Year ago roster was a 3* baby, so I did it, but top rewards weren't within reach
    4) Other - Alliance events are my jam
    5) LRs - Real life plz 

1 month ago -
    1) PvE - Being good at it means lesser with CL based scaling. But I am still good at it. Bigger your 5*, the faster you are. In 4* land it was and still is my top priority though.
    2) PvP - Deep 4* roster meant I was getting better at it. Still not T10 PVP'er but I could get to 1200 easy and the resources given meant something.
    3) DDQ - Never forget daily ISO and covers
    4) Others - I need my jam
    5) LR - Need mah life bro!

Today -
    1) PvE - Surprise surprise!
    2) DDQ - CoTT getting easier
    3) Other - Was expecting a boss for Thor release. Oh well
    4) PvP - :vomit:
    5) RL?
  • bOmbast
    bOmbast Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Which game mode(s) was most important to you in MPQ 1 year ago? 
    Please rank them 1 most important to 5 least important.

[3]  PvE
    [1]  PvP
    [5]  LRs
    [4]  DDQ
    [2]  Other (Gauntlet, alliance events, special events)

Which game mode(s) was most important to you in MPQ 1 month ago? 

[2]  PvE
    [1]  PvP
    [5]  LRs
    [4]  DDQ
    [3]  Other (Gauntlet, alliance events, special events)

Which game mode(s) was most important to you in MPQ today? 

[1]  PvE
    [2]  PvP
    [5]  LRs
    [4]  DDQ

One year ago, I was getting into pvp, and up until the change, it's remained my game mode of choice by far. I've had to play pve more than I've wanted, basically just because the rewards are so much better in pve - and a pvp event would leave me HP/ISO neutral at best. 

Now, in pvp, I pick and choose each event - go for cover or CP, can't do both and I've decided to stop spending real money to compete until they make user friendly adjustments.
    Play pve more than I've done for months, both for the rewards and because the latest change allowed me to reach progression quicker and more easily than before. 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    My ranking for all 3 time periods is the same:

1. PvE - Guaranteed, predictable rewards. Feels like best return on my time investment.
    2. Other - Alliance events and Gauntlet rarely overlap with PvE events, or do so very little, so this is almost a tie for #1
    3. DDQ - Again, guaranteed, predictable rewards, slow but steady roster growth
    4. PvP- Lots of effort for unpredicatable rewards - better now, that losses don't hurt progression, but still not a priority
    5. LRs - I may drop in if I've been able to clear out everything else quickly, and still have an itch to match some tiles
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017

[ 2 ]  PvE
    [ 4 ]  PvP
    [ 99999 ]  LRs
    [  1 ]  DDQ
    [ 3 ]  Other (Gauntlet, alliance events, special events)

[ 1 ]  PvE
    [ 4 ]  PvP
    [ 999999 ]  LRs
    [ 2 ]  DDQ

[ 1 ]  PvE
    [ 4 ]  PvP
    [ 99999 ]  LRs
    [ 2 ]  DDQ

No change.  I'm probably more involved in PvP than a year ago but it's still no where near first.  Also with the XP change I'm probably gonna stop doing 6-7 clears in PvE and drop back to 4 or 5 to get some life back.

Changed to a ranking.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards

For all 3 questions on a general 1 to 5 scale for each individually.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine has not changed for the past year but frustrations with win based PVP might change my mind.
    PVE 2
    PVp 1
    LR 4
    DPDQ 3
    boss events 1A since they normally replace PVE 
    gauntlet 6
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Format doesnt really work for me.

1 year ago = Competitive PVE only.

A few months ago = Competitive PVE and chasing 900 in PVP.

Now = Progression only in PVE and PVP.

For example, Enemy of the State finishes tomorrow night.  Last night I played the essential nodes x 4, went up to the final node and at that point hit full progression.  Thats it, no more Enemy of the State for me (unless play a bit tonight/tomorrow to pick up CP). 

This means Ill probably play more PVP to get the token from Sharp Dressed.

Either way, Im playing a much fewer matches these days and feel I have a better QoL as a result.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor

[ 1 ]  PvE
    [4  ]  PvP
    [ 5 ]  LRs
    [ 2 ]  DDQ

One year ago I was hitting max progression in PVE and doing DDQ every day. I had just started to really enjoy alliance events and special events. PVP was still (I think) mainly the seed teams and a few matches, if I could win any. LR were seeds when I could get to them, as LR have never aligned well with my play time.

[ 1 ]  PvE
    [ 4 ]  PvP
    [ 5 ]  LRs
    [ 2 ]  DDQ

A lot changed in those 11 months, but then everything came full circle. At some point between 1 year and 1 month ago, I built my 4* roster enough I was really enjoying PVP. I would say it moved up to #2. But then I champed a 5* and got that MMR, and it lost some of its luster. 

[ 1 ]  PvE
    [ 3 ]  PvP
    [ 5 ]  LRs
    [ 2 ]  DDQ
    [ 4 ]  Other (Gauntlet, alliance events, special events

You'll see a slight variation today. PVE and DDQ are still where they always have been and likely, always will be. I moved the "Other" events down below PVP because I was unsatisfied with the recent "paygate" events and also, the alliance events are somewhat of a chore, trying to be on those refreshing clocks to hit max prog before awful scaling kicks in. That being said, I don't enjoy PVP more, I just like those even less than I like 5* MMR PVP. Lightning Rounds? They still suck lol! Its so hit or miss if you get seed teams, the Sakaar (sp?) events are even worse in that regard, and they run at non-optimal times for me (Sakaar events correct that, but if I can't hit easy seeds, it doesn't matter. There's only so many health packs per day!)

So over the last year I'm probably less happy with the game, in general, but still happy enough to play regularly. Good enough for now.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    [ 3 ]  PvE — My main fun and reward generator, but too much time right then. I was on a hamster wheel champing 3*s before their covers expired for about 2 solid months. Was not sure how much longer I'd keep playing the game with it taking up 3-4 hours of my day.
    [ 4 ]  PvP — go in with under an hour left, hit seed teams if possible, 3 teams if not, leave and take what I can get
    [ 5 ]  LRs — could not have been less interested
    [ 2 ]  DDQ — Must do. Need to add to my 150k deadpool whale points.
    [ 1 ]  Other (Gauntlet, alliance events, special events) — It's special. So usually, these.

[ 3 ]  PvE — remains my main focus as it works best for me in terms of schedule, etc.
    [ 4 ]  PvP — hey, I finally got a hang of this simulator thing and finally have a roster that means I can do more here.
    [ 5 ]  LRs — were important for a minute when I was trying like mad to raise enough ISO to champ 2 4*s. But otherwise... doesn't work with my schedule in general.
    [ 2 ]  DDQ — Must do. Need to add to my 450k deadpool whale points.
    [ 1 ]  Other (Gauntlet, alliance events, special events) — It's special. So usually, these.

[ 3 ]  PvE — remains my main focus as it works best for me in terms of schedule, etc.
    [ 4 ]  PvP — eh. work picked up. I found and started playing other games. I don't have time for this too, not even the get to the 10 command points I was previously doing. Would be true even if still points based.
    [ 5 ]  LRs — not enough time to pay attention to these.
    [ 2 ]  DDQ — Must do. Need to add to my 500k deadpool whale points.
    [ 1 ]  Other (Gauntlet, alliance events, special events) Everything except the Sakaar Arena. I like the concept, I'm less than enthused about the rewards and the time span needed to dedicate to play. If it were 1 or 2 days long, I could see myself dipping my hand in on a semi-regular basis.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor

Which game mode(s) was most important to you in MPQ 1 year ago?

[1]  PvE
    [4]  PvP
    [5]  LRs
    [2]  DDQ

A year ago, I was a 3-star player, working on champing the last of them before I started to work on 4-star characters. I watched the DDQ calendar like a hawk, eagerly awaiting the days that put me 1-step closer to champing someone, or gave me that final cover. My 4s weren't ready for Crashes, but that was fine with me. PVE was my biggest source of iso and tokens, and since I still had 3s to finish off, t20 made me just as happy as t10 most of the time. I was also in a t25 PVE alliance, so I was always motivated to give it my all for my friends. PVP I played to 300 most of the time, but I think at this point I may have begun to start pushing for the 575 and being done as well. I knew my roster wasn't ready to hit 800 and 900, and I never really considered the rewards in Lightning Rounds worth my time. Boss events were very little pressure, because I knew I couldn't contribute much past Rd 6, and no one expected me to. It was nice knowing that I didn't need to feel bad reaping the rewards of later rounds, because I'd still done my part. The extra 4-star covers and LT pull were also always nice to look forward to.

[1]  PvE
    [2]  PvP
    [5]  LRs
    [3]  DDQ
    [4]  Other (Gauntlet, alliance events, special events)

30+ 4 champs, I could firmly say I had a 4-star roster now, and was no longer a "transitioner". I'm in a t10 PVE alliance, that's also t100 PVP. I could reliably hit 900 any given PVP, and didn't go for 1200 even though I probably could have. I got so good at my strategy that I could still hit 900 sometimes even if I joined inside those last 8 hours. I could hit 10K full progression on the PVP season, so it was a game mode that was much more important to me than it used to be. Main priority was still PVE points for my alliance, and being a t10 alliance, my room for error was much smaller. However meeting alliance requirements usually inadvertently landed me t10 PVE rewards, so reaching t10 in PVE became an expectation rather something I just knew I could do if I tried hard enough. DDQ is now a reliable source of LTs, as my 4-star roster is developed well enough now that I should never be incapable of doing one ever again. Alliance/Boss events are still pretty low pressure, however we've established a level of pride as an alliance where we want to be among the first 10 alliances to finish them every time. I can reliably hit progression in these events now, as I can still clobber the boss in Round 8. The free covers don't make as big a difference as they used to, but still nice. 

[1]  PvE
    [3]  PvP
    [5]  LRs
    [2]  DDQ
    [4]  Other (Gauntlet, alliance events, special events)

T10 doesn't mean as much as it used to in terms of me getting characters covered, so it's mainly about the iso and CP rewards. My 3-star farm is at a point where champ levels are coughing up LTs and serious sums of CP, so I appreciate whoever the cover is regardless. I've also learned some awesome teams for Combined Arms thanks to the Behemoth Burrito node. PVP I essentially just jump in now for 16-20 wins and call it a day. My alliance kept their requirements point-based, at 700. This is just as easy, if not easier under the new system, so it was nice to be thrown a bone here. Don't care for going for 40 though, and I don't value 1 champ level enough to go that hard for it. 

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went back and changed mine to rankings rather than a single high priority.  Objectively a year ago DDQ might have been slightly higher than PvE.  Other than almost no change.  LRs I ranked at 99999 because they are so far beyond my concern for the entire time playing the game.  Might be worth while if they weren't run exclusively during the tinykitty work week
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017

1 year ago?

[ 2 ]  PvE (best, most reliable Iso payout)
    [ 5 ]  PvP (With my 3* roster and relatively limited HP income I found getting to 900 impossible)
    [ 4 ]  LRs (nice bonus, but since I can't play at work my access to the rewards is limited)
    [ 1 ]  DDQ (I'd just champed my first 4*, needed those covers and Iso more than anything to advance)

1 month ago? 

[ 1 ]  PvE (Automatic 4* covers and big chunk of Iso and CP)
    [ 2 ]  PvP (4* covers and CP for relatively little effort)
    [ 5 ]  LRs (still working)
    [ 3 ]  DDQ (Nice for resource building.  Haven't missed one, but wouldn't hurt much if I did)
    [ 4 ]  Other (Gauntlet, alliance events, special events)

today? 

[ 1 ]  PvE (Still most reliable payout, and now with CL9 I can get a little better boost to CP if the right characters are buffed)
    [ 5 ]  PvP (Lost cause.  I don't have enough time for 40 and can only compete for t10 in a slacker bracket)
    [ 4 ]  LRs (still working)
    [ 2 ]  DDQ (now the second biggest resource payout, and the largest per time investment.  Would be #1 but since it's not on a timer I usually leave it till whenever).
    PvE's always been the heaviest prize pool for me.  In the summer before the changes I was prioritizing PvP more and more, because I could reliably hit the 4* cover and was managing in the few events before wins-based to get the ending cp.  Now it's just kind of something to do.  I'll clear to 6x in PvE before I devote serious time to PvP.

DDQ is hands-down the most lucrative time investment.  Counting the crash as 25 CP reward, 15 min nets 7 cp plus around 8000 Iso. For similar time, PvE gets ~ 4 CP plus 5000 Iso, and PvP is ~ 1 CP and 2000 Iso.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I feel like I’m taking a Cosmo quiz
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    My ranking for all 3 time periods is the same:

1. PvE - Guaranteed, predictable rewards. Feels like best return on my time investment.
    2. Other - Alliance events and Gauntlet rarely overlap with PvE events, or do so very little, so this is almost a tie for #1
    3. DDQ - Again, guaranteed, predictable rewards, slow but steady roster growth
    4. PvP- Lots of effort for unpredicatable rewards - better now, that losses don't hurt progression, but still not a priority
    5. LRs - I may drop in if I've been able to clear out everything else quickly, and still have an itch to match some tiles
    This is me exactly.