The X-Men (and FF) returning home?

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
So I just read an interesting article which states Fox is in 'serious talks' to sell 21st Century (their movie and television wing) to Disney in order to focus more on news and sports. That would mean the X-Men as well as the Fantastic Four would have their film rights reverted to Disney/Marvel - who would no doubt put them in the hands of Marvel Studios. While that would be an exciting prospect in and of itself, it could also mean more promotion for those characters authorized to... Marvel Puzzle Quest!

What do you think? It's about time we had a 5-star Dr. Doom, right?

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, to focus on sports, anyways.

Well this was definitely a big year for MCU-themed characters, although, it's been a big year for the MCU in general so that's probably not surprising.

I wouldn't mind some variety, mind you. Maybe next year's "wild card" characters (think Riri, C&D, Mockingbird) will be closer to some core stories we've been missing out on.

Still holding out for Alpha Flight.
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    I read the same story and thought the same things, both the movies and the game. I was very excited about both. Think of the Marvel sandbox with the entire Marvel comic world at the disposal of Kevin and the gang at Marvel studios! It is very exciting stuff!!
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fantastic four 250 springs to mind.
    Make it happen.
    #MakeMarvelMine
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can see Disney making a Fantastic Four TV series that's exclusive to the new upcoming Disney network. 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can see Disney making a Fantastic Four TV series that's exclusive to the new upcoming Disney network. 
    You've seen Inhumans right?

OK, you probably haven't.

Getting FF right needs a very big budget.  Not just for their powers, but also their settings as they travel through space, cross over to other dimensions, and all sorts of other cosmic explorations.
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd like to see a Doom-backstory film. How he developed into one of the most powerful villains in Marvel.
    Then they could tie in a FF film set after they got their powers (ala Spiderman Homecoming) and put the two together. Too much time spent on backstories and not enough on villain schemes and overcoming this.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Doom was so mishandled in the Fox Fantastic Four movies it's not even funny. There are certain aspects of Victor you absolutely can't ignore.

1. His face is scarred because of an accident involving Reed. He is so vain he wears a mask to cover it up.
    2. He's smarter than Reed (or thinks he is, no one is sure) and needs to prove it.
    3. He's a complete megalomaniac; Latveria is the expression of his megalomania. Doom without Latveria is like Hitler without Nazi Germany.
    4. He's a sorcerer with some magical ability (a thing often forgotten about his character) but magic is a thing he will use as a last resort, when science can't provide a solution.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There better be a new Marvel movie every week if this happens.

Apparently the big rumor is this wasn't for Marvel, but to regain the rights to broadcast Star Wars.  Fox still retained the rights to Star Wars itself, which is why all the TV versions still have the 20th Century Fox logo and fanfare.  Disney/Lucasfilms was paying a royalty to Fox to air Star Wars marathons.  It might be related to Disney being unable or unwilling to pay Fox so they can release OT on Blu Ray in yet another edition.