Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Medusa, Carnage, Mr. Fantastic and Carol.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Obsessed with DD and Gambattery these days

DD, Thing, G4mora, Gambattery.

• Stun on 3 colors, 2 of which are generated passively.
    • Additional strike tiles from Gamora and possible attack tiles created passively
    • Up to a total of 3 hits per turn in addition to match damage to get the most use out of strike tiles and Sonar Strike - attack tiles, Gamora's CD, and DD's CD
    • Thing somewhat protects Gambattery

A single match-3 followed by attack tiles and 2 different CD's will result in a total of 8 hits on a stunned target per turn.  Strike tile abuse!
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    I know this one doesn’t make sense in an optimal way; it’s not a rainbow team (even with four characters) it doesn’t counter any particular team, but it is something I’ve always wanted to try...

4* cage, wasp, nova, 4* punisher max

...yeah, that would be awesome...especially against goons

• FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    5*DD/ 5*BB/ Medusa/ 4*Gamora
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    For "most annoying", being primarily a PVE player, I'll just say Juggernaut, Daken, Ares and Moonstone.  I guess Muscle, Muscle, 4Carol, 4Deadpool could also be a pain in a PVE Simulator kind of way...but less annoying than four Dark Avengers.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thing, 4*Deadpool, Medusa, carnage.  

Good luck.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    3*Bullseye,C4rol,C4ge,4Fist.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Three 0/0/5 Gambits and Phoenix.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Grocket + Panthos
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm,

R&g + medusa +  carnage + any other guardian would be a lot of fun.

Carol + coulson + hawkeye + any defense character.

Gambattery + SGwen + pp + vulture (web tiles and PP green for ever!)

Wasp + carol + r&g + any guardian (same as the vanilla version but with a faster start).

Im46 + carol + any 2 other team IM characters.  9 red ap = 36k+ at lvl 450, and enemy matches can generate red via carol.

Gambit + bolt + lockjaw + thing (bop only so thing has the most health)

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    5* Gambit / Black Bolt / 5* Hawkeye / Agent Coulson (charged & countdown tiles madness)

Medusa / Carnage / Mr. Fantastic / Lockjaw (the most annoying defense team ever)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If there's anyone who would benefit from another buddy it's Carol and her passive ability to buff tiles.

Carol + Coulson + Wasp + <insert tile generator here>
  • Killabee
    Killabee Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Carol/gambit/Hawkeye/coulson. 3 turns to never-ending buffs and countdown tiles. 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    5* Hawkeye, 4* Carol, 4* Coulson, 4* Blade.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    ... anticipating lots of answer involving gambattery lolz ...

Yeah I'm thinking the correct answer is basically whatever team you were already running, plus a 0/0/5 Gambit.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Vulture, Coulson, War Machine, Carol
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    carol, wasp, rocket, drax

I have often thought about a variation of this. Instead of a fourth character i always thought it would be cool to add a 4th teamup slot that was reserved for passive abilities. Since some characters are basically nothing but a single passive wrapped in a skin it almost amounts to just bringing a 4th character anyways.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    4 green sentries.
    could as well be invisible. 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    mexus said:
    OJSP said:
    mexus said:
    Since my thread has been inactive for 30+ days it is by forum rules not to write in it but to rather start a new similar thread:
    I understand that. I just referred to that thread just in case Aes wants to use that thread too and I used it to cut and paste my answer.
    I think it's a strange forum rule! To encourage duplicate threads.
    As a former forum mod, I can tell you why - it's to discourage the kind of person who will go hunt for old threads and drag them back up just to add a minor point. Thereby flooding the "recent posts" with a bunch of threads that everyone has already moved on from and burying the actual stuff currently being discussed. Having to start a new thread is a hurdle that most don't want to put in the effort for, particularly as they will self-deem their own point(s) as not being important enough for that.

In practice, that means if you drag up ONE old thread to revive a discussion, build on prior speculation now that some other stuff has happened, etc. it's unlikely that the rule would be strictly enforced for you.
  • Killabee
    Killabee Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Not the strongest team, but I would hate to fight cage/xfdp/bombshell/rogue. Who to take down First?