Peter Parker or Thor

Options
Magic
Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
I am facing a big question - should i pull my hoard now for a chance of Peter Parker or wait a bit and calmly grab Thor.

I have about 230 pulls ready to go (including the current PvE event in the count). On top of that my PP is at 2 covers and Gambit is at 2 covers. That is good for another 28 pulls I guess (on average). At 260 I think it's rather safe to open the hoard.

My main issue is complete lack of ISO (I just went trigger happy with it recently and now it's gone). Opening the hoard when Thor is in would be easier in terms of this aspect. 

So the main questions are:
1. Should I be worried about the lack of iso (currently around 100 but I will hit a lvl soon so let's say 150k).
2. Is Peter Parker better than Thor or not at all

There is not a lot of info on Thor yet on the forum but maybe some of you guys have played with him enough.

I have 2 other 5* championed (Strange and OML). And around 40 4* championed as well so the hoard should be boosted by the rewards. What's not helping is my general love for both PP and Thor...

As it stands I think I will go for Thor...

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magic said:
    So the main questions are:
    1. Should I be worried about the lack of iso (currently around 100 but I will hit a lvl soon so let's say 150k).

Yes, you should.
    You need 1.5 million ISO to champ Thor, Gambit and DD.

Hoard ISO, don't open before.

• Magic
    Options
    But this is a problem when they are at 13 covers - the CS won't swap them if they can be championed. If I decide to go for Thor I will do it more organically - not the full hoard at the same time (I would have to with PP). I will have over a month to get it done. So in terms of ISO it should be ok (I hope) if I go for Thor.

I also have half of the latest 12 championed and the other half at low covers (8 is max). I am fine with selling excessive 4* covers for the old ones that are not championed (only 8 left - the bottom of the bottom). And if it comes to worse I can also boost the ISO with 3* max champions.

Anyway - it seams more reasonable to go for Thor and skip PP. I think this is what I will do. So the game will start in 2 weeks :)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.  I only have about 200 pulls ready (but I'm also sitting on hoard of over 100 HTs which will undoubtly score me some pulls).  I was really hoping to go for 5pidey cause he looks decent and he's one of my favorite characters, but it's looking too risky, especially with the shortened duration with the 545 release.  I'll probably keep waiting for now.

Edit:  Also hearing how bad win based PvP is for 5* rosters doesn't make me any more likely to rush into 5* land half-cocked.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magic said:
    But this is a problem when they are at 13 covers - the CS won't swap them if they can be championed. If I decide to go for Thor I will do it more organically - not the full hoard at the same time (I would have to with PP). I will have over a month to get it done. So in terms of ISO it should be ok (I hope) if I go for Thor.

I also have half of the latest 12 championed and the other half at low covers (8 is max). I am fine with selling excessive 4* covers for the old ones that are not championed (only 8 left - the bottom of the bottom). And if it comes to worse I can also boost the ISO with 3* max champions.

Anyway - it seams more reasonable to go for Thor and skip PP. I think this is what I will do. So the game will start in 2 weeks :)

It's nice you WANT to go for Thor, but RNG will make sure you'll complete another of the 5s before Thor.
    So plan on champing all 3, and hoard ISO.
  • Magic
    Options
    :) Thanks Bowgentle. I know how the RNGesus works :( I will try to hoard as much as possible
  • Magic
    Options
    To be frank I have to use my champions in PvP events but for SIM i went with Carol, OML and unleveled 3* Gambit. It's fun and can take down anybody. And as it's fairly easy to beat I get a lot of managable retals. Helps on the gruesome way to 74 wins.