IOS Update Glitch -139

BlackWidower
BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
On IOS(iPad and IPhone) it is making my update, by saying a great update is available, then it move me to the app store, where there is nothing to download, only to click on open.

Once I click on Open, it just spin and spins with bunch of character icons forever and does nothing.

Comments

• BlackWidower
    This is the only thing that worked.  Deleting the app on both devices and re-syncing to Facebook.

zodiac339 said:
    New update message popped up on my main phone, with “okay” as only option, but no update in store. Deleted and reloaded and it works. My other phone (they are both iOS) had no new update message.

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the app store, if you don't see the update available, you can pull the list down to make it refresh the available updates.  I had to do this to see the latest release.

It should not be necessary to delete the app, and I would be hesitant to do so.  I'm always concerned about the possibility of a failed restore from saved data.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I concur with Davy.  I experienced this with the first post iOS 11 update.  With iOS 11 unless I wait for auto-updates I have to pull down each time see the new update.  Not sure what the cadence is for them showing up on their own, but it's certainly more than a few hours.
  • BlackWidower
    edited November 2017
    Dayv said:
    In the app store, if you don't see the update available, you can pull the list down to make it refresh the available updates.  I had to do this to see the latest release.

It should not be necessary to delete the app, and I would be hesitant to do so.  I'm always concerned about the possibility of a failed restore from saved data.
    I did actually did do this.  It was seriously weird.  It would not force an update no matter what I did (I reboot as well).

The only reason why the IOS devices made the pulls mandatory 
    was because I went to buy my VIP on Android (they don't charge tax so I always buy with Android), Android made me update and updated to the newest version, but Apple hadn't scheduled this update yet for some bizarre reason (although it was submitted three hours prior), but because it was out of sync, it kept telling me an update was needed.

My Android is synced to my account and was perfect and I had shut it down completely before entering IOS (as I had done prior to going to Android - learning from previous experiences), so I had a proper copy for IOS to Sync to.

Anyway, this is my experience and it worked for me. 
    CS just responded now and said basically to do what I did and if I had any problems, they would have brought me back to where I was supposed to be. 
    They also recommended that I clear my cache, (which frankly I have never done on any IOS device, or anything that wasn't a PC), so I Googled it and apparently, it's a thing:

*EDIT to remove dumb link*

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    They also recommended that I clear my cache, (which frankly I have never done on any IOS device, or anything that wasn't a PC), so I Googled it and apparently, it's a thing:

Uhh, yeah, this is terrible advice, don't follow it.  Especially the "cleaner" app stuff.  iOS apps are sandboxed for security, so some cleaner app can't delete data belonging to another app anyway -- that's the job of the owning app or the OS to do.
  • BlackWidower
    edited November 2017
    Dayv said:

Uhh, yeah, this is terrible advice, don't follow it.  Especially the "cleaner" app stuff.  iOS apps are sandboxed for security, so some cleaner app can't delete data belonging to another app anyway -- that's the job of the app to do.
    Thanks.  CS didn't give me that link or anything.  It was just something I pulled out of a Google search, and didn't read. 
     I am going to remove the link from my post.
    Thank you for being responsible. 

I have only used a cleaner software on my Android, and it was mostly used to quickly move app data to my SD card.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get this on steam as well, Great news popup and then a hanging MPQ screen. Had to reboot to get to the PC again. Whats going on?