Quake's yellow incorrectly negates Riri's red

Options
Fionsel
Fionsel Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
Quake's yellow states it reduces damage from enemy powers that affect the whole team by x amount. 

I used Riri's red on a team with quake where the entire enemy team was alive. Quake reduced the attack by x amount. In my opinion this is not correct as Riri's red does not damage the whole team but only 2 of the 3 characters.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess there's only two types of damage in the code: single target and multi target.

So anything that isn't single target triggers Quake yellow.

Riri is the first skill who doesn't AOE on all team members, naturally they just set the flag to "AOE" and went home.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    I guess there's only two types of damage in the code: single target and multi target.

So anything that isn't single target triggers Quake yellow.

Riri is the first skill who doesn't AOE on all team members, naturally they just set the flag to "AOE" and went home.
    Also, her red in dual target mode will not trigger Black Panther's defensive passive.  I haven't tried it, but it probably sends Nightcrawler airborne as well.
  • Fionsel
    Fionsel Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've tested it indeed with nightcrawler and he does go airborne. Simplest fix would be to update Riri's description to state her ability would count as team damage. This should only apply in case all 3 enemy team members are alive.
  • Dayv
    Options
    Fionsel said:
    I've tested it indeed with nightcrawler and he does go airborne. Simplest fix would be to update Riri's description to state her ability would count as team damage. This should only apply in case all 3 enemy team members are alive.
    Making it apply as team damage only when three characters are out is more complex, though.  That way, it's team damage when it hits two, half damage to an untargeted member, but not team damage, when hitting one, and targeted damage hitting a solitary character.

For a text only fix, I'd say "... dealing 10673 team damage to the non-targeted enemies, or 21346 damage to the target if no other enemies remain".
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is definitely a problem with her Red not fitting properly into single or AOE.

In a recent battle the enemy Professor X was invisible and I fired her Red and it didn't hit him (but it did hit the other character).

So that says it's not an AOE since AEO's hit invisible characters.

KGB
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey guys. We wanted to let you know that we've passed this info on to the team and they will be looking into it.
  • Dayv
    Options
    KGB said:
    There is definitely a problem with her Red not fitting properly into single or AOE.

In a recent battle the enemy Professor X was invisible and I fired her Red and it didn't hit him (but it did hit the other character).

So that says it's not an AOE since AEO's hit invisible characters.
    Good point.