Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Doesn't the date that the player started matter as well ? I started in Oct/Nov 2015 and am currently day 690. I got 13 covers of SS around day 570, then the 2nd and 3rd 13 covers last month.

Edit: I have them 13 covers, but haven't get around to champ them yet. Hope to finish my 4* first (3-4 left).
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    A guy on line has 300 supposedly in his roster, 2 champ fives, 140 toons and is day 550
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I managed to get 13 covers for my first 5* character (Phoenix) around day 530 - about 8 months or so after 5*s were introduced. I covered her after opening a hoard just before BSS was going into classics. Since those were the days of painful PVE scaling, I held off with champing for a long time - decided to take a plunge and champ her around 5 months later (day 675).

Currently I'm on day 1041 with 16 championed 5*s. I've never done any buy clubs and I spent less than $100 total for sure (5 months of VIP, but for the last half year or so only Bugle Pittance every season).
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I guess there should be some consideration for alliance CP; a low-spender in a spendy alliance sure can get a leg up!
    That's true, but except for 1CP VIP bonuses my alliance mates don't spend in alliance - that's what buy clubs are for. ;)
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I got my 13th natasha at day 345.  Alliance-mates advised against champing 1.  In 60 days, i will have 3 champed 5s.That will be on day 550ish.
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I joined this game when the classic 5* were the only three on the market. I am like everyone else trying to get OML's yellow whenever I get my LTs and cps. I spend money on this game for early HP boosts to buy roster slots and buy one stark here or there during the sales. I checked that my total spending is USD 1120.

I remembered that I opened my mini hoard and get 0 5* from 50 LTs opening. I decided to hoard everything after that. I opened my 100+LTs and 5k cp after couple months hoarding just before Dr. strange is about to leave the latest token. That's the time I have my first few full covered 5*. That will be around 465 days in this game.

I have Thanos and strange fully covered for a long time until the scl-based pve was tested for the third time and I think that it's time to champ all of them. Since then, I have all latest 5* covered up to DD. 
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Day 1260. Completely free to play. In a very casual alliance who do little spending. Have had thanos fully covered since he left latest. Only champed him and spiderman last week.

So two F2P champed 5's.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do I count as free to play? My only purchase was a Boxing Day sale but then I didn’t even use real cash. My wife carrier allowed her credits to be spent on google play. That’s when I installed mpq on her phone and played the tutorial to make the purchase. It got me my 13th imhb cover with the HP, just before they phased it out. 

My first 5* champion was hawkeye. Got tempted by the bags of tricks bonus hero odds. About 2.25 years (could have been earlier if I pulled when thanos was released. However, being f2p I was concerned with the amount of health packs thanos would drain). You have to hoard and champion everyone you can. This way, cover don’t go to waste and each champion reward inches you further. Pick your battles too. PvE is probably your best source of resources. PvP has improved now that it’s win based, so that 4* cover just takes a little more effort. 
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Just passed day 1100 and I have OML and Phoenix at 12/13, aside from those I have a few at 5-6 covers and a lot at less than that

i play everyday and spend around $50 each year. This thread makes me feel very bad at this game.
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Champed Thanos on day 830, currently on 1050 and I have 6 champs (Thanos, BP, Strange, Hawkeye, PP, Gambit).  I have about 200 LL ready for when PP leaves and Thor enters so that should atleast finish my DD.

Spent 0 but have benefitted from Alliance memebers with VIP and small buys
  • shartattack
    I guess there should be some consideration for alliance CP; a low-spender in a spendy alliance sure can get a leg up!
    That's true, but except for 1CP VIP bonuses my alliance mates don't spend in alliance - that's what buy clubs are for. ;)
    Ha, as a merc, all my past big spending was in buy clubs, ever since alliance CP rolled out. Buy clubs formed in less than a day after that went live LOL

Some alliances are buy clubs. That regular flow is a huge advantages.

I got my 13th natasha at day 345.  Alliance-mates advised against champing 1.  In 60 days, i will have 3 champed 5s.That will be on day 550ish.
    I have to admit, my first reaction was to call "cowflops", but hey, my alt, which I barely play, has all 3*s rostered (just realized that yesterday!), and a dozen of them champed. All on 0-30min a day (usually much closer to 0). And I've only played one full event on that account, ever ... Eddie Brock's release LOL

So yeah, if a new account is played hard, and RNGesus smiles upon it, and you were fortunate enough to be hitting tokens before dilution wrecked'em, why not.

Care to provide more detail?

I got 4 covers from the Natasha release store.  I finally said screw it and opened the tokens I had been saving    I pulled exclusively classics with cp until I started my current hoard.  I am monthly VIP, with an Asgard buy during anniversary and logans loony buy during sales.  I'm in a top 10 alliance, and that helps with rewards too. I'm top 50 scl9 pve and top 5/10 scl7 pvp.  
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Its an interesting question, tho I wonder how much it helps to have played longer. I started before 5*s existed, so that doesn't give me any advantage. I was able to build up a wider roster before newer players, but I also started before champ levels, so I was trashing 3* covers from DDQ everyday. There probably a sweet spot to have started where you could have taken the most advantage of the system.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Straycat said:
    There probably a sweet spot to have started where you could have taken the most advantage of the system.

I don't know how atypical a player I am, but it feels like my timing with MPQ has worked really well for me. I'm a day 585 player, 100% free to play. 5* characters were introduced just before I started, championing a short while before that, I think. I found the forum early on, never opened any CP/LTs until the Thanos store came around last Christmas (Pulled 8 covers on 86 pulls). Vaulting helped catapult me into the 4* tier around February/March of this year. Now, I'm close to hitting my 41st 4* champ, and beginning to dupe champ my 3*s (Top 5*s are 5/3/3 Bolt & 5/3/2 Thanos). Currently sitting on a hoard of 107 LTs, 2400-something cp, and hoping to max cover and/or possibly champ Murdock, Gambit & Gladiathor in the next 45-60 days.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fully covered Panther right before Thano5 left Latests, if I remember right, which would have been right around the one year mark for me. Was trying to get Thanos covered, ended up covering BP instead. Much the same way I covered Daredevil instead while chasing 5pidey. 

So that's two fully covered but unchamped 5*s at about 1.5 years in. I think I've bought two Logan's Loonies total, and VIP for about the past year, so maybe $150 total on the game so far. 
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I was opening all of my 3* champion LTs during the window that Black Bolt was available, and got him championed right around day 350.  I spent a little, but not much in terms of the world of whales.  In the intervening year, I've managed to get three others to 11 covers, but nothing else remotely close.  Classics dilution being what it is and getting worse, it's going to take a miracle to finish any of them.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    I'm 100% F2P on day 1386.

I champed 5* Phoenix at around the 2.5 year mark. So that's around day 900?

I have 4 championed 5*s, and am getting the hoard ready to pull for another 3 by Christmas.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Day 744, Parker fully covered. 100% F2P. Should be champed in 9-11 days.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I'm on day 1413, have spent $30 total in those 4 years. I just pulled my last needed Phoenix cover last night (as a BH), for my first fully-covered 5 star. I guess it's still advised to avoid champing 5 stars unless you have two or three since o/w all PVP matches will be against other champed 5 stars and that sounds boring, blah.
  • shartattack
    day 508
    Just champed Gambit
    PP is fully covered and awaiting a CS swap
    just vip and a loonie during a sale